Ares Games

Thread: Historicon 2019

Default Historicon 2019

For those of you that go to the HMGS cons I just received an email that the block of rooms is now open for the Marriott in Lancaster. I know this is early but I know what it is like to get a room close to a venue like this. When it was in Fredericksburg I had to stay 5 miles from the convention center so the Marriott is right next door. Like when I went to Origins

If you are going you better move quick. I just got the next to last room at the Host for Fall In. Never thought how quick the rooms would go!

Peter this is for Historicon and those rooms are also going fast. Before I got the email from HMGS I checked out the Marriott and there were no rooms so I did get a room at the Hotel Lancaster which is across the street. Yesterday when I saw the HMGS email and went to the site I got a room at the Marriott so cancelled the Hotel Lancaster. I turned in my reservation for Fall In when I left the Host on Sunday. When I turned the reservation in they said all the rooms should be renovated by Fall In.

Yes, I know this is about Hcon. I got the email too. I've talked to my buddy Mike. He'll get a res at the Marriott for the time being but we're not sure if we'll be going yet. I'm always a bit cautious about running games first time to a venue and not knowing the layout. As at Origins I didn't run anything first time but I have some time to think about Hcon '19. In the meantime I have till 24 Aug to submit for Fall In! Gotta come up with a few interesting battles in the next 2+ weeks.

Will Cold Wars be at the new location also, or at the old one?
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Cold Wars will be in the same Lancaster Host location as this year for March 14-17 2019.

Planning on going?
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Planning on going?
    I'm definitely going to Fall In. Cold Wars is iffy. Not sure I can leave the homestead in the winter as I'll be doing the plowing. We'll see how things work this winter.

The extra hours from Maine will have me thinking about how many long distance shows I'll go to. Origins is a must. My 13+ hour will now be 17+. The longer con makes it more worth the driving time. 5 days to game and now I'll get to see the museum!

Cold wars used to be 7 1/2, now 11 1/2hrs. For only 2 days of gaming thats a lot of driving. We'll see how badly I'll need a fix. If the wife and I can find enough to do before/after the con in the area or along the way it will be an easier decision.
    Last edited by Teaticket; 08-04-2018 at 11:56.

The talk at Historicon is that Cold War might move to Valley Forge. Seems the Host is looking to do more weddings, more money, as opposed to our group. I heard different things about Valley Forge as far as the vendors go. Seems difficult to get out of there as there is limited space to load their vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    The talk at Historicon is that Cold War might move to Valley Forge. Seems the Host is looking to do more weddings, more money, as opposed to our group. I heard different things about Valley Forge as far as the vendors go. Seems difficult to get out of there as there is limited space to load their vehicles.
    Makes Origins more the summer show to go to. More bang for your buck, if Wings is your primary interest anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    I'm definitely going to Fall In. Cold Wars is iffy. Not sure I can leave the homestead in the winter as I'll be doing the plowing. We'll see how things work this winter.

The extra hours from Maine will have me thinking about how many long distance shows I'll go to. Origins is a must. My 13+ hour will now be 17+. The longer con makes it more worth the driving time. 5 days to game and now I'll get to see the museum!

Cold wars used to be 7 1/2, now 11 1/2hrs. For only 2 days of gaming thats a lot of driving. We'll see how badly I'll need a fix. If the wife and I can find enough to do before/after the con in the area or along the way it will be an easier decision.
    Yeh; much as I liked it, Cold Wars might not happen for me. I'm already getting a bunch of demands for next year, vacation wise. I think you have more cons closer to you, even with the retreat North, than I do.
    Karl

Bob, the Mariott is already booked for Historicon. When I said you better be quick I was more right than I thought!

Yeh; much as I liked it, Cold Wars might not happen for me. I'm already getting a bunch of demands for next year, vacation wise. I think you have more cons closer to you, even with the retreat North, than I do.
    Karl
    Karl
    Closest local show will now be Huzzah! in May which is 2 1/2 hours away. After that it looks like Council of Five Nations at 7 hours. I'll be trying to recruit pilots to form a group. There is a Bolt Action group half an hour away in Bangor so looks like I'll be playing some of that. Hope I can lure some over to the dark side.

I was lucky and got my reservation in for Historicon when I saw it listed.

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    I was lucky and got my reservation in for Historicon when I saw it listed.
    Mike (you met him at Fall In last year) got a room a couple of miles from the Marriott. I have a place to stay if I end up going.

Peter I know what you mean about COLD WARS. I drove up for the one that had the snow storm (2 yrs ago I think) and what a ride it was. And you moving to Maine you never know what the weather will bring.

Similar Missions

1. Pražský Con 2019
    By Dan-Sam in forum Czechoslovak Wing
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-03-2020, 12:14
  2. Salute 2019, Excel London 6th April
    By Guntruck in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 04-09-2019, 06:58
  3. Have we got a date for 2019 yet?
    By Guntruck in forum Past Prague Summer Cons
    Replies: 19