Ares Games
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Salute 2019, Excel London 6th April

Default Salute 2019, Excel London 6th April

We have been invited to put on a game at Salute next year, 6th April. As before it is at Excel London.

Unfortunately I am ‘otherwise engaged’ on that day, so does anyone else want to run with this? If so, I’ll send the details.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

If there is someone closer then me who wants to act as liaison officer while I coordinate games and material, I will happily share the post.
    See who else sticks their head over the parapet

Lest we forget

Quote Originally Posted by johnbiggles View Post
    If there is someone closer then me who wants to act as liaison officer while I coordinate games and material, I will happily share the post.
    See who else sticks their head over the parapet
    It would be nice if someone stuck their hand up, but failing that I can do the liaison bit. What size table are you after John?

Can't promise but always wanted to do Salute. Always planned to stay with my brother but the bugger moved to Yorkshire lol

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

No can do, I've been asked to run my "Stingray" game at the event

My area but may not be much longer so cannot commit to this just now.

"He is wise who watches"

I can't tell, this far off, whether I will be available or not.
    I hope to be.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    It would be nice if someone stuck their hand up, but failing that I can do the liaison bit. What size table are you after John?
    What size table do we usually have?
    four to eight mats plus a bit of display area, it depends on who else can come, and if they will bring a few more mats etc. ( I only have one of each of the official mats)
    Will do WWI Western Front in the a.m. and WWII Western Desert in the p.m. probably

Lest we forget

Quote Originally Posted by johnbiggles View Post
    What size table do we usually have?
    We had a 10x6 table at Bovi (4 tables) that I switched round to make a 12'x5' table -

I got 5 mats on that side by side, it gave room to have control boards on the edge & most could reach the middle. We only used four of the mats as I had a display on the fifth.

Looking at Salute pics we had at least five tables so about 12.5'x6'

I'd suggest you consider switching 4 of the tables round there too that'll give a 12x5 plus a table across the top for the display would make it 14.5 x 5 (mostly)

"He is wise who watches"

Tables at Salute are 6’ x 2.5’. That would give us the 14.5 x 5.

Edit: OK, I've submitted an application for a 14.5 x 5 table. We should know if application has been accepted by end of October.
    Last edited by Guntruck; 07-24-2018 at 12:21.

I hope to be there again next year. I'll run with it if I can, but I'm not sticking any hand up until a bit closer to the time

Gentlemen, start your engines! I've just had confirmation that we have a table for next year's Salute - 6th April. We've got a 6' x 12.5' table, plus a spare table.

Put the date in your diaries, hopefully John (Johnbiggles) can still run with this as I will be otherwise engaged that day.

OK its in the diary and all things being equal I'll be able to make it again

Unlikely I'll make it this time.

"He is wise who watches"

I will be at Salute, but I've been asked to run my "Stingray" participation game at the show so I will see you all there

I'm still ok for this, hopefully Tim will be as well.
    WWI in the morning, WWII in the afternoon like last year.
    Possibly some Tripods on display if they have arrived?

Lest we forget

Bit too close to the date for us leaving for Prague I'm afraid John, otherwise I would be blagging a lift down with you again.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

WWI in the morning, WWII in the afternoon like last year.
    Sounds good to me John

I hope to be there, but work will be taking a serious turn-for-the-REALLY-worse in March, and I'm booked to go to Prague a couple of days after Salute.

If I can attend Salute, I'll be happy to support whatever John runs, except (of course) SAILS or Tripe-pods.

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    I will be at Salute, but I've been asked to run my "Stingray" participation game at the show so I will see you all there
    Name:  Stingray_ParticipationCards150.jpg
Views: 788
Size:  226.6 KB

Wording needs work, but I'm not the expert on Stingray, nor David's game.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Nice!

Really hoping to be able to make it down.. haven’t managed to get to this one before

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

Hi chaps, it is time to stand up and be counted!
    Steve is sending me the wrist bands for this year's Salute and I need to know who needs one sending to them and who will pick up on the day.

Lest we forget

I'll be there John. Pick up on the day is good. I'm travelling down from Barnet via the underground so shall arrive as early as I can. Let me know if you want me to bring anything in the way of kit, although shall not be able to bring that much.

So, I’m at Salute but on our clubs game, deep in Helmand Province or some such. If the Wings table needs anything brought along, I will be happy to oblige if it saves some carting stuff long distances.

I will be going to Salute - Happy to help out too

Will you be wanting your polo shirt Rob. I still have it waiting for you.
    Rob

Rob,
    I am heading over to Salute from Germany so will find your table at the show and say hello.
    Adie

We may pass in the night, but not at Salute I'm afraid Adie. That is the weekend we go over to Prague for the week prior to the Con.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    We may pass in the night, but not at Salute I'm afraid Adie. That is the weekend we go over to Prague for the week prior to the Con.
    Rob.
    Oops, sorry - I had read that earlier but then it slipped my mind.

Re Polo Shirt - Hi Rob - Yes please

Re Wrist bands - If one is available I can commit. Can you send it to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Rabscallion View Post
    Re Wrist bands - If one is available I can commit. Can you send it to me?
    I am assuming Mr Biggles has received them by now.

Hi all,

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the show. Looks like your fully subscribed for this one but will be keen to hang out anyway if that's ok? I promise not to get in the way
    Rob
    Last edited by Rabscallion; 03-06-2019 at 13:01.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeemagnus View Post
    Look forward tp meeting you Adie
    And you Mike. I will be bringing my son with me so hope we can get a game with you all.

Hi all,

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the show. Looks like your fully subscribed for this one but will be keen to hang out anyway if that's ok? I promise not to get in the way
    Rob
    Of course it's OK!
    We may be limited to a specific number of wrist bands, but any number of 'Drome members are always welcome to come play with us.
    The more the merrier, actually, as it allows us to rotate away from the tables to get a look around the rest of the show, and get our shopping done.

If your plane gets in the way, it WILL be shot down!

Quote Originally Posted by Shiraz68 View Post
    And you Mike. I will be bringing my son with me so hope we can get a game with you all.
    You'll both be more than welcome.

Hi all,

Rob
    Hi All,
    Rob, please check your inbox, and the good news is I miscounted the available wristbands, so there is room for one more if anyone can spare the time.

Lest we forget

So here we are again. Doesn't time fly!!!!! I'm still not sure if I am bringing anything along with me. But as both John and Tim are attending, or so I believe, I guess there will be plenty of gear available. Really looking forward to it and to meeting up with all of you. Safe trips

Yep, train all booked - looking forward to seeing everyone.

Pre-flight briefing chaps,
    I want everyone formed up in their best uniforms, make sure your batmen have given your boots an extra polish, we want to look our best when we give the jolly old Hun a thrashing at the weekend, (unless you are a Hun of course). We will be putting on a special Op at around 10:00 hours, details a bit hush hush at the moment, but I'm sure we'll all have a jolly good time, and bag plenty enemy aircraft (unless etc. etc.)
    Tally Ho!

Lest we forget

I am in charge of ground operations agin the Taliban on another table, but at some point I shall wander across to say hello and generally make a nuisance of myself.

John, do you need anything bringing in?

Tally ho indeed CU all tomoz - Over and out, for now

Hope to be there bright and early, but having a few issues at the moment.

See you chaps tomorrow.

Just loading the car for setting up this afto at Excel. See you all tomorrow.

I am hoping to arrive about 0900, to help Tim finish setting up.
    Will be loading the car up tonight when I get home from work

Lest we forget

Ok, car full of stuff, alarm set for stupid o'clock, will have a last check on here around 10 tonight in case any last minute issues crop up. Will be setting off around 0630, might remember to check phone before leaving.

Lest we forget

Go get em lads,best of luck. Have a great day and bring back plenty of photos.
    Rob.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. Salute Excel London - stand up and be counted
    By Guntruck in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 04-24-2018, 00:07
  2. Salute April 22nd 2017
    By Guntruck in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-23-2016, 00:58
  3. Salute at ExCel??
    By 'Warspite' in forum UK Wing