Ares Games

Thread: Reporting for duty!

Default Reporting for duty!

Greetings all!

I'm a new player living in Oxford, Ohio. I watched several games at Origins this year, talked to the Ares booth folks and a couple players, and dove in. Great game and pleasant community. I've got a nice little collection of WWI planes going.

Looking forward to playing more and picking things up.

Welcome to the 'drome Tom from East Sussex in south east England, good to have you in the circuit. I'm sure those local chaps from the Buckeye Gamer's In Flight (BGIF) will be along in due course to welcome you and point you in the direction of their gaming scene. I was at Origins this year courtesy of the 'drome and it's good to hear from new recruits influenced by their experience there.

"He is wise who watches"

welcome to the drome Tom from a fellow buckeye!

Welcome aboard Tom. Get me your email and I will make sure you get our emails. We game the second Saturday of the month at Epic Loot in Centerville, Ohio (not this Saturday as the store had a scheduling conflict). If you do Facebook please join this group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/WingsofWarGlory/ It will also keep you informed of our game days and paint nights.

Here's to them what are like us. Damn few and they're all dead.

Welcome to the Aerodrome Tom. You are in for a great ride.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Glad to see you've found your way to the Forum, Tom! There are quite few players in SW Ohio - as Jim suggests, we in The Wright Flight are fairly active, with regular gaming every second Saturday of the month...it would be great to see you there if you're able.

All the best,
    Matt

Welcome to the 'Drome, Tom, from Middlesex across "the Pond"!

Sounds like the Buckeyes have you firmly in their sights already. Lots of fun just waiting to be had!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

On behalf of the Squadrons based over here in Dear old Blighty welcome to the Drome Tom.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Tom, from here near Norwich in the United Kingdom.

Hi Tom, welcome to the Drome from Devon in the South West of England. Good to have you flying with us

Welcome Tom, from Akron, Ohio.
    Hope you have fun with the boys guarding the Ohio River frontier. Maybe I'll catch you at a Sunday Columbus game. Or Dawn Patrol in September.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Welcome t0 the 'Drome' Tom from West Yorkshire in the good old UK.
    Fly safe and always watch your six!

G'day from an Adelaide addict. Welcome to our game.

Thumbs up

G'day Tom & welcome to the "drome on behalf of the pilots who fly in NSW down in Australia.
    Sounds like you have got off to a good start at Origins.

Hello Tom!!! Welcome to the group!!! You'll have a lot of fun gaming with the Ohio guys, I sure did!!!

(welcoming head bobs) from the lizard here on the east coast.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Tom.

Welcome from Alameda, California.

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Welcome to the Aerodrome Tom. Glad you took the plunge after seeing it at Origins. You have a large group in Ohio so enjoy.
    Since you say you have a nice selection of WWI planes you might want to check out some of the action going on in the WWI Campaign section, Over the Trenches. We are about to wrap up the Bitter End Campaign, but all the mission Briefs and After Action Reports are available for viewing. You might want to try out some of those missions for solo play or for group fun.
    Once again Welcome to our group.

Welcome to the Aerodrome from the beautiful Hudson River Valley -- I hope you enjoy the site as much as I have !
    Bill

Similar Missions

1. Ohio: Reporting for duty, sir!
    By MoonSylver in forum US Wing
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-26-2012, 12:30