Ares Games

Thread: the future-WGS suggestions.

Default the future-WGS suggestions.

in an effort to winnow down what wed like from ares in the future to help promote the game ill ask everyone to post just ONE single suggestion and refrain from discussion. and please keep in mind the economic realities of production faced by ares for such requests to avoid pie in the sky wishful thinking unlikely ever to come to fruition. a poll could then be held to determine what amongst the suggestion is most popular with drome members.

ill kick it off with my suggestion. id introduce quad packs similar to wgf duel packs with abbreviated rules so as not to require new purchase of a complete set of rules, and tokens with each new pack purchased. the reason for quad packs over duel packs is due to the seemingly (at least in my limited experience) lethality of the WGS game (aircraft seem to drop like flies). this would give players at least 2 aircraft to control or 4 people could play. as to what aircraft id have an earlier low speed version and a later high speed version.

Assuming the goal here is for long-term growth of the game by continuing to attract new players - my one suggestion would be to make sure that the standard fighters for at least the major WWII powers are always in print, or at the very least on the schedule for reprinting after a certain period of time. There should never be a situation where an "iconic" plane (and I realize that designation is in some cases subjective) such as the Zero is unavailable for years except on eBay. When reprinting one of these planes when possible produce it in a different paint scheme so that long-time players will be just as interested in buying these as new players.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsalt View Post
    Assuming the goal here is for long-term growth of the game by continuing to attract new players - my one suggestion would be to make sure that the standard fighters for at least the major WWII powers are always in print, or at the very least on the schedule for reprinting after a certain period of time. There should never be a situation where an "iconic" plane (and I realize that designation is in some cases subjective) such as the Zero is unavailable for years except on eBay. When reprinting one of these planes when possible produce it in a different paint scheme so that long-time players will be just as interested in buying these as new players.
    A good point.

Making sure the starter sets are nearly always available would be great. We have the two for WWI, maybe another like the BoB set for WWII but American-centric (like maybe a Zero and a Corsair) that people won't have issues getting would be great.

As I mentioned in the other thread, hobby shops I've talked to said availability one thing that killed the line for them.

A second is that Ares really needs to market this game more. Right now it feels like they almost exclusively rely on their player base to spread word about the game. A little promo in stores could go a long way.

We need Wings of Glory WWII: Rules & Accessories Pack and planes to fly. I also like the bit about promoting the game.

Thomas

What they really need is a reprint of the missing wave one and two planes.
    Zero, Wildcat, Val, and D 520 The balance were reprinted for BoB. A deluxe set reprint would cover Season 3 a bit. We need the basics before we need new stuff. I would love Corsairs, P38's, Aircobras, ME 262's, and the like but basics first. Most of the early Pacific stuff just does not exist now trapping us in the ETO. Get back to a Midway/Coral Sea box with WIldcats, Dauntlesses, Zeros, and Vals. With some ship cards for targets. Barges, Destroyers, and bunkers. Maybe even a Flat top card to play with. For bombers go for the Betty and A-20. Maybe a B 29 center piece if we can figure out the turret targeting. If they did a Midway box set as a hook have a maneuver deck for a Destroyer. A few simple cards so it can be a moving target to try and bomb.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dan
    Sorties Flown

I used to play General Quarters Pacific Naval, so i want to see early, mid and late period pacific with the common types available, i.e zero's, wildcats, dauntless, avengers, vals, kates etc. In other words, aircraft we would buy in relatively large numbers as opposed to oddities. (oddities could be represented in smaller duel packs maybe)?

As mentioned above, packs of 4 aircraft would be good and perhaps be equivalents e.g. 2 fighters from each side, 2 dive bombers from each side from a common time period etc.

I like the suggestion of top down ship cards for targets.

Any regular release of pacific would suit me.

Also Eastern Front - but i think that comes under the heading 'pie-in-the-sky'.

As I recall the intention is to put out a Pacific starter set akin to the BoB set, only trouble being we have no idea when this will surface

Similar Missions

1. the future-WGF suggestions.
    By milcoll73 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-13-2018, 07:34
  2. Need plane suggestions WW2
    By Warhawk77 in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-09-2018, 00:10
  3. The Future of future and past re-prints
    By Gallo Rojo in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-23-2017, 15:12
  4. Repaint Suggestions
    By zenlizard in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-28-2016, 01:12
  5. Any suggestions for the stats for this .!!
    By tikkifriend in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-29-2015, 15:22