Ares Games

Thread: Wintercon 2018

Default Wintercon 2018

It's on.

Some issues, the website hasn't been updated, I only got final confirmation yesterday due to documents being misplaced at the Canberra Games Society, but the traditional WGF participation game will be on.

I still don't have the banner design for it, and with only 2 weeks to go, unless I get one in the next couple of days there won't be one. I'm open to ideas.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Are you able to adapt the one that the UK and the Buckeye Gamers use, Zoe? I/m sure one of them could send you the PDF or whatever it's stored as...

Looking forward to your reportage from the Front, as always - hope the winter isn't too wacky down there!

All the best,
    Matt

If you get in touch with Simon (Maverick) he may be able to help you Zoe. he does all our banners.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Participation cards?
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

PM sent to Maverick. X fingers.

I'm looking at https://www.vistaprint.com.au/signs-...ateYoursButton
    244x76 H-banner stand. That will fit in with the other Cancon/Wintercon participation games.

Unhappy

Hi Zoe! Not looking too good for my participation this year.
    Will just have to see how things pan out.

Good luck Zoe. I am out this year due to work, but the ironic thing is next month I will be in Canberra for a work conference. Poor timing

Name:  WinterCon_PartCard_150.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  247.9 KB

I need a better quality copy of the CGS logo, actually.
    Mike

Thanks Mike, great card, particularly the snow effect. It may not be cold in Canberra compared to a Canadian winter, but to we from the subtropical north of Australia it is brass monkey weather down there!

As an example, I worked up in Townsville at the V8s last weekend in the middle of our Australian winter and it was glorious sunshine and 28 degrees C (82 degrees F), as evidenced by the clothing choices below:

Name:  IMG_4331.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  131.3 KB

….. compared to the same time in 2016 when I was last in Canberra where it was minus 2 degrees C (28 degrees F):

Name:  Canberra winter.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  162.0 KB

I know which I prefer

Carl,
    I copied the logo and lettering directly from the WinterCon website. I can't take any credit for the appearance of the title.

However, I wouldn't mind winters at 28 degrees. I suspect the summers are a bit hotter than I'd like, too, though. The ladies might be wearing less, so a bit of a trade-off.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    I wouldn't mind winters at 28 degrees. I suspect the summers are a bit hotter than I'd like, too, though. The ladies might be wearing less, so a bit of a trade-off.
    Some were …..

Name:  IMG_4324.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  208.7 KB

'Tis true that summers up north can get to the high 30s earlier 40s C, with added irony you can't swim in the beautiful blue, crystal clear Pacific between October and March because of the marine stingers, sharks and salt water crocodiles

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    Some were …..

Name:  IMG_4324.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  208.7 KB

'Tis true that summers up north can get to the high 30s earlier 40s C, with added irony you can't swim in the beautiful blue, crystal clear Pacific between October and March because of the marine stingers, sharks and salt water crocodiles
    And you claim you were working Carl!

Hope all goes well for you this year Zoe. Sorry I will not be able to be there.

Vistaprint couldn't get the banner done in time. Going with Officeworks who might manage it, with luck. Thanks to Maverick and Co.

Similar Missions

1. Wintercon Arrangements?
    By gully_raker in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-04-2017, 20:37
  2. Wintercon 2016
    By Zoe Brain in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 07-24-2016, 03:42
  3. Wintercon 2016
    By gully_raker in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 11