Ares Games

View Poll Results: Who and how many do you MOSTLY play against/with?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mostly me against an AI

6 16.22%
  • One other person - A total of 2 usually

7 18.92%
  • 3 to 4 usually

15 40.54%
  • 5 - 6 We like nice size groups

8 21.62%
  • 7+ people. We have a big group and like to play.

1 2.70%

Thread: How many do you play against

Default How many do you play against

I'm curious. I read several of the AAR reports. Most of them seem to be single player against an AI opponent. I'm just curious how many of us and our games are against people?

Who do you mostly play?

There was 4 in my group . Made for a nice balanced play .

We had 5 but Bob our newest member and ex RAF man died while I was away so now we have 4. 4 is a good number although we have played with 12 or more once or twice. Larger numbers make the game a bit cumbersome and bring in the need for more damage card decks too.

Our gaming group has varied from 2 to 8 people, but lately is hovering around 4-5. I have never played a solo game.
    So how many books are in your personal library?

Smile

At our Club Games usually a minimum of 4 but often 6.

well, since i got my buddy tom (merlin14) into the game (aug 2017) we play pretty much once a week at least one on one. sometimes more.

Almost all of my games are at Conventions, and they are usually 3-5 players.

At my games club, it is usually 4 (except at our Annual Christmas bash, when it is in the 14 - 18 range!)

I have never played a solo game.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

I play a wide variety of size games. I play a lot of solo but run a lot of convention games. Convention games have been averaging ~8, ranging from 5 to 14.

Used to play against my wife till she got tired of crashing. Now it is once a month at the hobby store with 5 or 6 per game.

I mostly play AI. When host a game at a con usually get 6 each playing one aircraft. When playing at the LGS I usually play against one guy each controlling up to 6. He is the only one in the area that I know of that can control more than 2 aircraft at a time.

6 times a year I get together with my best buddy and we game the weekend away. The rest of the time it's solo games.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    We had 5 but Bob our newest member and ex RAF man died while I was away so now we have 4. 4 is a good number although we have played with 12 or more once or twice. Larger numbers make the game a bit cumbersome and bring in the need for more damage card decks too.
    Sorry to hear about Bob's passing Gary, condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken at Sunrise View Post
    I'm curious. I read several of the AAR reports. Most of them seem to be single player against an AI opponent. I'm just curious how many of us and our games are against people?

Who do you mostly play?
    In my area we have built up a pretty active Wings of Glory community with a few groups running both WGF and WGS games each week at different times and locations. I am a bit spoiled compared to some on the forum in that there are more game sessions on offer each week than I can actually attend!

Name:  IMG_3047.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  166.8 KB

Some of the crew ready for action at our Saturday morning WW2 Polish Air Force Campaign - https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...l=1#post450194
    Last edited by Carl_Brisgamer; 06-12-2018 at 03:08.

I can't wait for Origins next week. Big 14 player games are fun to see.

Here's to them what are like us. Damn few and they're all dead.

I play against my son and against myself.

Quote Originally Posted by rhodie80 View Post
    I can't wait for Origins next week. Big 14 player games are fun to see.

and more fun to play!!!

It varies. At the club, I have been attending recently it has been 1-3 other players but I have playered against more elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken at Sunrise View Post

Who do you mostly play?
    Being in the same group as Baxter, it is not surprising my answer is similar. There are four of us who play quite regularly, and when some aren't available it is 3 or 2. If no one is available for a few weeks, I might play a solo game, but I haven't done that for a long time now.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andreas
    Sorties Flown

I've mostly played four or six player games. You need at least two people per side for the game to properly shine, IMHO.

Usually 3v3, with me controlling "me", and the other 5 planes AI.

Although I posted 5-6, that number only applies to the club I play with...and that is infrequently. The majority of the games I play are 2-3; usually with my wife and a friend at my house. These are fun events and lend themselves particularly well to early war skirmishes and limited missions. I've done some solo but, even with incorporating my house rules for altitude, such contests tend to leave me unsatisfied. Though I'm prepared to accommodate as many as 6 per side but have never attained that goal. The most I've had around our group's table has been 7 total...that was only once...and everybody who played was really excited by it's speed and ferocity!

Sad to say, the gaming club I play with doesn't seem to be drawn to aerial wargaming...but throw some tanks or hussars on the table and we'll draw over a dozen players.

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

I wish I had a group in my area to game with. I do 95% of my stuff solo. I've set up at the local game store and I can get people to stop and ask questions, but no one is really interested in joining me. I've travelled to Nashville twice and gamed with a group of friends there but that is too far for a weekly gaming session.
    I will be setting up again during the Extra Life fund raiser coming up, we will see what happens then.

I mostly play with three or four people depending on how many of my brothers and sisters I can get to play.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Our local monthly group is usually 5+, as is the Buckeye Gamers monthly gaming session. Sometimes my buddies and I just play with the three of us, usually with each taking two planes each, and sometimes flying those against a couple a AI two-seaters or bombers...

We are quite lucky to have a number of folks in the Central/SW Ohio area who like to play and will travel an hour or so to 'feed their habits'...

All the best,
    Matt

Similar Missions

1. You Know You Play Too Much WoW When...
    By Cruthers in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 02-07-2021, 09:27
  2. California Where do you play?
    By Volant Gun in forum US Wing
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-30-2016, 17:53
  3. Where do you play?
    By Aero825 in forum Polls
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 10-06-2014, 00:53
  4. Day to play