Ares Games

Thread: Rock Con

Default Rock Con

Hello! This year Rock Con will be held 19 -21 Oct. at the Tabala Center in Rockford, IL. I have 3 scenarios registered, Friday evening, Sat. morning and Sat. afternoon. This has always been a nice convention, make it if you can.

Some day . . . most of our traveling is to see the grand kids! You guys put on a great show! Carry on!

Hi Michael
    Beth and I will be attending, we already took off work. We will be there Fri. & Sat. not sure about Sun.

We are hoping on seeing you before that, either at my place or down at your place.

Hi Bob and Beth! I will be staying in Rockford at least Friday night, not sure about Sat. I changed my mind on playing two bombing scenarios on Sat. The afternoon game will be a late war balloon bust. Hope to be able to get together with you two sometime before Rock Con.

Quote Originally Posted by Beer&pretzels View Post
    Hello! This year Rock Con will be held 19 -21 Oct. at the Tabala Center in Rockford, IL. I have 3 scenarios registered, Friday evening, Sat. morning and Sat. afternoon. This has always been a nice convention, make it if you can.
    I plan on being there!!! I won't know for certain until late September!!!

Hope you can make it this year!

Beth and I are going to stay Friday to Sunday afternoon that way we don't have to drive home at midnight Saturday. I will probably game Sunday AM but she will sleep in.

I'm sorry to say, I may not be there!!! I am planning to be there, but Maria my wife was diagnosed with Cancer in July. So many things are up in the air right now!!! It's safe to say that if I make it, I will not have a game to put on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crashx View Post
    I'm sorry to say, I may not be there!!! I am planning to be there, but Maria my wife was diagnosed with Cancer in July. So many things are up in the air right now!!! It's safe to say that if I make it, I will not have a game to put on!!!

sorry to hear that tim. all the best to your wife and you in your fight against the cancer!!!

I'm sorry to say, I may not be there!!! I am planning to be there, but Maria my wife was diagnosed with Cancer in July. So many things are up in the air right now!!! ....
    Sorry to hear that news Tim, please send Maria my best wishes for a speedy recovery.

"He is wise who watches"

So sorry to hear this Tim. Positive thoughts and prayers heading her way. All the best for her treatment and recovery.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Hang in there, Tim! Give Maria my best and fight through this - it can be beaten

It was great to see you at Origins, and you will fly again soon at a 'local' convention...

All the best,
    Matt

All the best to you and your wife Tim. I hope it all goes well.

I'm sorry to say, I may not be there!!! I am planning to be there, but Maria my wife was diagnosed with Cancer in July. So many things are up in the air right now!!!
    So sorry to see this, Tim. I had a similar issue with my wife nearly 8 years ago exactly.
    It was tough for a while but she is doing well now.

Hoping for the same results for Maria.

That's terrible news. Sorry to hear, Tim. Best wishes to you and Maria.

That's terrible news. Sorry to hear, Tim. Best wishes to you and Maria.
    Hi Mike
    We plan to be there Saturday and sunday.really looking forward to it.especially after missing the games last year.hope we can get together before rock con.

So very sorry to hear about your wife's cancer. Prayers and hoping all goes well for you both!

Thanks everyone, I've been out of touch!!! Things are going as good as can be expected with Maria!!! The good news is that I should be at Rockcon on Saturday, maybe Friday night!!! Looking forward to seeing everyone!!!

Good to see you over the 'drome again Tim. Best wishes to Maria & enjoy Rock Con

"He is wise who watches"

Thanks Dave, I've missed everyone here!!!

And we have missed you, too! Hope things improve for Maria and hope to see you at the Con!

Michael,

I plan on being there for all three of your events. I have registered a badge, but missed the deadline for pre-reg on your events. Please hold a place for me, I'll be coming from SE Mich to attend and your events are the reason I am attending.

See you this week.

John

Hi John
    Beth (Trench Wench) and myself will get there around 3-4pm on Friday. I will let Mike know that you are in all 3 of his games. Don't worry there will be room for you. Are you coming alone?
    See ya Friday.

Hi Bob,

Yes, I will be coming alone. Thank you for the warm welcome and consideration. I am a long time player and looking forward to branching out and meeting new folks.

See you Friday!

John

Quote Originally Posted by BBSuds View Post
    Hi John
    Beth (Trench Wench) and myself will get there around 3-4pm on Friday. I will let Mike know that you are in all 3 of his games. Don't worry there will be room for you. Are you coming alone?
    See ya Friday.

Default Saturday games

Hi Patti and I will be there Saturday morning.would you sign us up for all the scenarios please.

Hi John,
    I will make room for you. For all my scenarios I can add players, if the sign up is full. Scott and Patti, I will make sure there is room for you two!

Michael,

Thank you sir, I'm looking forward to meeting you and others this weekend. See you this afternoon.

John

Have a great weekend you chaps - please spoil us with some photos !

"He is wise who watches"

Default Rockcon

Hi John,
    I will make room for you. For all my scenarios I can add players, if the sign up is full. Scott and Patti, I will make sure there is room for you two!
    Thanks Mike you're the best.see you soon.

I had a ton of fun at the Con. Hope everyone else enjoyed it, too! I will post pix later this week.

Big shout out to Mike, it was a lot of fun, all three events! The effort to setup, run and take down each event is grueling enough, but having 10+ folks all clamoring for your attention is a herculean task. All of your effort and patience is greatly appreciated.

Also a shout out to all those around the table at various events; Bob, Beth, Scott and Tim to name a few. All of you made me feel welcome and part of the extended family, I will be back! A special thanks to Tim for the awesome hat. I will try and figure out how to post pictures, along with figuring out how to get the Rock-Con medal to show in my profile.

John

I added some photos of the events Mike ran, they are in the Rock-Con folder on my profile. I need to figure out how to add them to a post, but for now, they are in my folder.

Thanks for the pictures John, and thanks for supporting Rock Con.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by rolld6 View Post
    I added some photos of the events Mike ran, they are in the Rock-Con folder on my profile. I need to figure out how to add them to a post, but for now, they are in my folder.
    Have a look here John.
    It may help.

https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...Text-to-a-post

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

The first game on Friday night involved 5 Re-8's spotting artillery positions along with an Se -5a defending an observation balloon vs. 6 Albatross Dva's.

Name:  DSC_0006.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  201.8 KB
    The German players BBsudz, TrenchWench and rolld6, aka Bob, Beth, and John.

Name:  DSC_0007.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  200.4 KB

Name:  DSC_0008.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  200.7 KB

Initial Set-up

Name:  DSC_0010.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  201.2 KB

Re-8 successfully spotted a German artillery position, called in the heavies, and wiped it out. On to the next target.
    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Beer&pretzels; 10-24-2018 at 15:36. Reason: add more text 7 pix.

Quote Originally Posted by rolld6 View Post
    Thanks for the pics John, looks like a lot of fun being had - you could also link your album to your post -
    copy the address, edit your post & click on the Link icon in the top bar, paste in the address & click OK & you end up with the link below https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/al...p?albumid=4236

....The German players BBsudz, TrenchWench and rolld6, aka Bob, Beth, and John....
    Thanks for the pics Mike and putting faces to the names - good to see Bob n Beth again
    Last edited by flash; 10-25-2018 at 01:12.

"He is wise who watches"

We'll done again Michael! Ditto to John's post.the scenarios were kick ass! Sure was great to see everyone.looking forward to some scrambles with the squadron.

lauper25

Other than Rock Con, what cons in Illinois or within a few hours of Chicago have a WoG presence? Does AdeptiCon have WoG? Thanks?

I've run a WoG scenario at Adepticon once. Not sure if anyone else has run a game since, its mostly a sci-fi convention. The FoG (Friends of Gaming) con in Peoria has had people run WoG. WinterCon in Champaign also has a few WoG games. I am planning a WoG day at my place in Aurora, probably Sat. Feb 23 if you care to join us, you are welcome. I'll probably post the info this weekend or next week.

Similar Missions

1. Illinois: Rock-Con 2013
    By crashx in forum US Wing
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 11-09-2013, 22:41
  2. Illinois: Rock-Con
    By degodave in forum US Wing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-22-2013, 18:06
  3. Illinois: Rock-Con
    By Beer&pretzels in forum US Wing
    Replies: 13