Ares Games

Thread: Attack 2018 Devizes 21 & 22 July

Default Attack 2018 Devizes 21 & 22 July

We have a table booked for Wings WW1 at this show so looking for vollunteers to assist as usual for both days if possible.
    If you can do one day please let me know either the Sat or Sunday.

Propose an early dogfight, Eindeckers v MS or DH2

Second game Pups or Sopwith triplanes against D3

Third game Balloon busting

Game4 some two seater action

But we can of course adapt as we fancy.

We get 4 free tickets per day so let me know asap so I can see who to allocate, apologies now if you dont get a free ticket but we are limited
    Last edited by Boney10; 06-29-2018 at 09:04.

Yep I'll be there both days Chris, along with son John. I can bring aircraft, banner, etc etc too if needed, although I suspect you have that covered already. I thought there was another thread covering this, or am I wrong?

Anyway, looking forward to seeing you guys again,

Mike

I will be ok for Saturday
    Last edited by David Manley; 06-22-2018 at 14:58.

As previously stated, intend to be there both days if required.

- Neil.

Chris

How are volunteer numbers looking? I now have a diary clash for Saturday afternoon, but can skip it if we are short handed. Otherwise I’ll be there Saturday until 11am to help set up, etc. and all day Sunday.

- Neil.

Hi Heil

So far myself, Mike both days, Tim one day, Dave Manley Sat

If Tim does Saturday (his usual choice iirc) then we should be adequately covered I think. Hopefully we won’t spend Sunday playing with ourselves ��

- Neil.

Saturday works for me; if things look dire for Sunday I may be able to do that as well, but it means a LOT of extra driving................
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Sunday should be Chris, Mike and myself, which based on the last few years are anything to go by, should be enough bodies.

- Neil.

Looking forward to it guys - just had a really fun weekend at Bovington and Devizes has been every bit as enjoyable in the past Bring it on. I'll bring plenty of kit with me just in case - but happy to use whatever arrives first Not sure what scenarios you have in mind Chris, but let us know if you need anything that I would not normally bring eg Zeppelin Staaken / Handley Page bombers. Chau for now,
    Mike

I had really hoped to make it over to Bovington and Attack Devizes this year, but I got conned into teaching online graduate and undergraduate classes this summer and could not be away for two weeks in the middle of it....ah well, perhaps next year......

Chris

I’m intending to be onsite for approximately 8:30am Saturday morning. Is that early enough or would you like us there earlier?

- Neil.

Door open for Punters 1000 each day, if possible I would like people there around 0900.
    Reason is it gives us time to have a chat, set up and get a quick look around while its quiet.

However I intend to be there around 0845 and due to travel times for everyone try and get there as and when you can.
    Neil ok with your timings can I ask you to check for chairs and the tables before I get there and we will get set up as soon as I arrive.

Chris

Happy to be the advance guard on Saturday and to secure our spot (and our chairs! ��). I’m guessing they'll have just copy and pasted the floor plan from last year, so I’m expecting we’ll be in the same place as always.

See everyone Saturday morning.

- Neil.

I'll be aiming for 0830. Anyone know if there's a Greggs nearby for brekkie?

Half a mile away according to Apple Maps. In the centre of town.

43-44 The Market Place
    Devizes
    SN10 1JG
    England

- Neil.

Excellent - brekkie at 08-dubbs

Chris, do you need me to bring anything tomorrow?

Hi Dave, only if anything you fancy flying.
    See you tomorrow

Have a great weekend chaps, sorry I can't be there with you (nearly swung it under the guise of house hunting but foiled but other things), maybe next year.

Sapiens qui vigilat "He is wise who watches"

Good luck chaps. Wish I could be with you.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Selection of photos from today can be found at https://flic.kr/s/aHskBJD8Nv. Album will get updated with more photos after day two tomorrow.

Though the planes are the same, photos are from two different games.

- Neil.

Good to see the early stuff in action Neil.
    Rob.

Thanks for a great weekend guys - really enjoyed it and good to see everyone Nice pics Neil

Photos from day two have now been added to the Flickr album - https://flic.kr/s/aHskBJD8Nv.

- Neil.

Even more superb photos. Thanks again Neil.
    Rob.

Similar Missions

1. Attack Devizes 16 & 17 July
    By Boney10 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-18-2017, 06:14
  2. Attack 2015 Devizes 18 & 19 July
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-20-2015, 13:48
  3. Attack Devizes July 2014
    Replies: 46