Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: World Records during Origins?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    Nice! I am surprised you both remember and still have your ranks

Phillip, you have rank of "svobodník" - first not-just-common-soldier My father was somewhere between you and Andrzej during his (father's) 2-years military service around 1979.
    What would the rank for 5 be?

"Rotmistr" = Sergeant
    But not with "peckas", but with one "coffin"

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image006.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	250254

Next time I'll bring one or two especially for you

OK, Been thinking on it and I respect the desire for non unique planes form the collectors who can not attend (that would also be me). Rather then a plane then maybe a small deck (3 cards?) of ace abilities. Or better yet have about 6 different cards and every time you shoot someone down you get one of your choice. If you get shot down you still keep it. Also allow each player to get one just for playing. They would have to be special though, things like.

Pilots hand gun: deal one B card at a plane within short range in a 360 Deg arc. Use once per game, also can not fire other weapons while using.
    Cockpit Hammer: Use to reduce jams by 1 turn. Unlimited use.
    Lucky Scarf: Allow one redraw of a damage card per game, reshuffle rejected card back into damage deck.

And so on....Cards that add flavor but do not break the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    OK, Been thinking on it and I respect the desire for non unique planes form the collectors who can not attend (that would also be me). Rather then a plane then maybe a small deck (3 cards?) of ace abilities. Or better yet have about 6 different cards and every time you shoot someone down you get one of your choice. If you get shot down you still keep it. Also allow each player to get one just for playing. They would have to be special though, things like.

Pilots hand gun: deal one B card at a plane within short range in a 360 Deg arc. Use once per game, also can not fire other weapons while using.
    Lucky Scarf: Allow one redraw of a damage card per game, reshuffle rejected card back into damage deck.

I think I like this idea better. Easily made in a small quantity, and with the proper logo for the WRB game, a nice perk for playing.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    Nice! I am surprised you both remember and still have your ranks

Phillip, you have rank of "svobodník" - first not-just-common-soldier My father was somewhere between you and Andrzej during his (father's) 2-years military service around 1979.

now that you mention it, i seem to recall that name from my "the armed forces of ww2" book.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post

i really, REALLY need that lucky scarf one!!!!!

How about a souvenir T-shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    How about a souvenir T-shirt?
    No good - you'd need to provide numbers of each of a wide plethora of sizes (unless you knew in advance the shirt size of the winners!)
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

The cards are a good idea. They wouldn't be expensive to make, and yet would provide a prize unique to events. Better yet, because of the low cost they could be used for every convention for that year.

A baseball cap bearing the Wings of Glory logo? The size would be adjustable using the strap at the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsalt View Post
    The cards are a good idea. They wouldn't be expensive to make, and yet would provide a prize unique to events. Better yet, because of the low cost they could be used for every convention for that year.
    These could be done up, with some indicating the World Record Event: Origins 2018 Convention Participation Card

These could be done up with specific skills, if desired, too.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Do you mean something like this?

Name:	IMG_6482.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	207.3 KB 
ID:	250380

The Buckeyes got there first.

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    A baseball cap bearing the Wings of Glory logo? The size would be adjustable using the strap at the back.

i like this idea!!!

I was thinking more in terms of a light blue one with 'Wings of Glory' and the wings logo underneath printed on the front in silver or white, Rob.

Name:	95.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	66.0 KB 
ID:	250518

These won't be cheap, unless a large number are ordered, and I suspect that without someone to bankroll them up front, they'd need to be ordered and paid for in advance by the participants. So, more money for people to pay going in?
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

However, for Doncaster we could take orders up front. I wonder if Chris's mate could do anything for us. He made a great job of the bags!
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. World Record Breaker Events at Origins
    By 7eat51 in forum Origins Game Fair
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-21-2017, 17:16
  2. Offical Records
    By skyking20 in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-25-2014, 13:44
  3. Pilot Records
    By The Red Baron in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions