Sorties Flown

Cool Dragon's Hoard Games

Dragon's Hoard Gaming
    Paducah, Ky

The outside of the strip mall it is in.
    Name:  20180614_150219.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  142.5 KB

Looking from the front door to the back.
    12 tables, each sectioned off into two parts take up the front area for card and board games.
    Name:  20180614_131849.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  193.5 KB

The big table are for Warhammer 40K, Pathfinder, and other games.
    Name:  20180614_131923.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  155.3 KB

Looking from the back to the bright sunlight coming in the front door.
    Name:  20180605_123925.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  158.4 KB

How can you go wrong gaming at a place that has this head on the wall above the cash register?
    Name:  20171215_141351.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  164.3 KB
    Last edited by Setarius; 06-15-2018 at 12:14.

Congratulations on having such a huge shop where you can play, Dale. My local shop is so small that there is not even room for one gaming table.

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Thanks David. They have two locations, the other is 45 minute drive in a college town called Murray, Ky.
    They have been great about not charging to use a table when needed and they keep an eye on my stuff if I have to leave any length of time. Unfortunately they do not carry any Wings merchandise. I have asked about ordering items and the response has been we will if we can get them.
    They will rent you, for a minimal fee, a game to play in store, or for a more substantial sum they will rent you one to take home to play.
    I have not been to the Murray location.

Nice looking shop to game at; certainly bigger than anything I have local.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Quote Originally Posted by Setarius View Post
    Thanks David. They have two locations, the other is 45 minute drive in a college town called Murray, Ky.
    They have been great about not charging to use a table when needed and they keep an eye on my stuff if I have to leave any length of time. Unfortunately they do not carry any Wings merchandise. I have asked about ordering items and the response has been we will if we can get them.
    They will rent you, for a minimal fee, a game to play in store, or for a more substantial sum they will rent you one to take home to play.
    The Murray location is much, much larger, with at least 3x the table space. They're located almost directly across the street from part of the Murray State University campus, so I'm sure that doesn't hurt their traffic. However, they do not carry any Wings of Glory merchandise.

wow! that shop is HUGE!!!!!

A small fee to rent a game? Interesting. The store near me has a sales room and a play room, but they have games you can use, as does Games & Stuff in MD that my friend owns now. Neither carries Wings of Glory stuff either.

I grew up in Lexington, KY (0-11) & Richmond (11-18). Lexington used to have a game store with a small play area right near my elementary school. I moved and then they did and I think they too have a large play area now in a strip mall. The Rusty Scabbard? I think they sponsor LexiCon each year, I have never been, my dad sent me an article about it a year or two ago. I believe it's in April each year. Any WoG going on there? Or at the free play area in Lexiplay in Oct (i know that is mostly video games).

I went to Murray for Gov Scholar's in HS.

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

If anyone knows in advance if they will be in the Paducah area I will gladly meet you at Dragon's Hoarde Games and bring either my WGF or WGS planes and we can see about a game or two before they close at 10pm.
    Mischa, I saw a thing on Kickstarter recently for Lexicon '18.
    Bob, I enjoyed the times you came to Paducah and we gamed.
    Maybe some weekend a group can get together and come to Paducah for a round of Wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Resident View Post
    A small fee to rent a game? Interesting. The store near me has a sales room and a play room, but they have games you can use, as does Games & Stuff in MD that my friend owns now. Neither carries Wings of Glory stuff either.

I grew up in Lexington, KY (0-11) & Richmond (11-18). Lexington used to have a game store with a small play area right near my elementary school. I moved and then they did and I think they too have a large play area now in a strip mall. The Rusty Scabbard? I think they sponsor LexiCon each year, I have never been, my dad sent me an article about it a year or two ago. I believe it's in April each year. Any WoG going on there? Or at the free play area in Lexiplay in Oct (i know that is mostly video games).

I went to Murray for Gov Scholar's in HS.
    As of about a year ago, Rusty Scabbard was still in business.

Bob, I enjoyed the times you came to Paducah and we gamed.
    I enjoyed gaming with you as well. Unfortunately my company has cut way back on travel, so I'm not sure when I will be back in Paducah again.

Similar Missions

1. Kentucky: Dragon's Hoard Gaming
    By Setarius in forum US Wing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-17-2016, 13:26
  2. The Biggles Dragon.
    By Naharaht in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-02-2015, 06:09
  3. Dragon & Mouse
    By Jimmy Doolittle in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 6