Ares Games

Thread: AIM aircraft

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tony
    Sorties Flown

Default AIM aircraft

Hi Chaps,
    Ive been looking at the AIM aircraft on their site http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/armamen.../resin09mm.htm .
    They seem a good price. I cant find a way to order stuff on there. Am I on the wrong site? Is there a UK site? Am I loosing the plot?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Tony

Just made my first order from him. You have to send him an e-mail asking for a quote including shipping. He will get back with you on a price for the items you want and add shipping. May take a few though.

HI Tony if you email Dave at AIM he will send you an invoice. aim_schmid@yahoo.com

If you go to the 'HOME' page on his website you will find a heading about ordering.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tony
    Sorties Flown

Thanks for the info. Any idea (roughly) what the shipping and delivery times are to the UK?

Tony, usually 3-4 days. Surprisingly quick.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Get a quote from Dave at AIM. It's only an invoice so you don't have to go with it if there is anything you don't like.
    Worry more about the import duties levied at this end but that depends on STATED value so you could always ask Dave to put the lowest value that he is comfortable with. He's a good guy so I'm sure he can do something.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tony
    Sorties Flown

The aircraft are a good price, when you compare them to the Skytrex ones - are the skytrex ones really twice as good as the price indicates? Im a little nervous of the import duties malarkey having been caught one too many times with vat and what those robbing buggers at the post office call an admin charge, but it has to be worth a try.

The customs duty isn’t so bad usually, it’s the thieving barstewards at the Post Office charging £8 admin for doing sod-all that gets me.

Normally Dave’s stuff is priced low enough to get under Customs radar, though I suppose if you order a vast amount it might get their interest.

Quick tip - AIM planes have a stub with a screw in underneath so they can be attached to a magnet. If you don’t want the screw (you may be replacing it with a ballbearing for a gimbal mount), let Dave know. It saves you the necessity of unscrewing them yourself.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyC View Post
    The aircraft are a good price, when you compare them to the Skytrex ones - are the skytrex ones really twice as good as the price indicates? Im a little nervous of the import duties malarkey having been caught one too many times with vat and what those robbing buggers at the post office call an admin charge, but it has to be worth a try.
    FYI the Skytrex product is solid white metal where the AIM is resin which might have something to do with it.
    Beware the Skytrex product which is generally too heavy for Gimbal Mounts to handle .

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tony
    Sorties Flown

Thanks for the info. That makes up my mind, skytrex is not for me. I'll get my AIM order sorted asap!

I strongly recommend AIM. I had few orders from Dave, and it always was great.

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-03-2016, 05:21
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2012, 14:26
  3. World War 1 Aircraft - Royal Aircraft Factory F.E.2 Model B
    By Attila57 in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 11-07-2011, 02:52
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-29-2011, 00:17
  5. Replies: 10