Ares Games

Thread: Sprog pilot at 67.

Bavaria

Default Sprog pilot at 67.

Hi

Introducing myself...hopefully in the right place !

I live in north Devon and I have always had an interest in the period specifically and military aviation in general.

WoGlory now enables me to actually take to the skies...though I really am a sprog and the success I have had in two (basic) games has been more luck than judgement....par for the course I suspect.

Unfortunately I missed the Exeter show this year as my arthritis is a bit restricting.

I have two Dh2s, two Fokker E111, two Halberstadt D111, a FE2 and an Argo float plane...the latter two Shapeways 3D printings...so as you can see I have started in the 15/16 period. Thinking seriously about a Vickers Gunbus and a BE2.

Everett Sharp
    Bideford

Hi Everett, welcome to the forum from Essex.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Good morning Everett.
    I can now formally welcome you on behalf of the U.K. Squadrons.
    I'm sure that you will enjoy the bonhomie here on the Drome.
    My advice on purchaseing is get what you can when you see it.
    Things are running out and restocking is somewhat haphazard.
    Fly safe and watch your six.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Hi Everett, welcome to the Drome. Good to see another member flying over the skies of Devon. Goes without saying, if you're down Newton Abbot way and want some opposition give us a shout

Meantime, have fun

welcome to the drome Everett!!!!

Welcome to the 'Drome, Everett, from Middlesex.

Sorry you couldn't make it to Legionary, it was a fun day.

BE2s are a must, and I heartily recommend the Gunbus; though I almost always fly the good guys (Luftstreitskrafte!), I LOVE my Gunbus, and have had lots of laughs pootling around the sky in it!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Welcome to the 'drome from a slightly overcast Leicestershire Everett.
    Lots of fun to be had with the earlier 'planes, and Shapeways has a good few to choose from.
    Hopefully you have found the file for unofficial aircraft stats in the files, and don't forget, a good silk scarf helps lubricate the neck when searching for the Hun in the Sun!

Lest we forget

Bienvenue from Brittany Everett . As a one time resident of Plymouth welcome to this cosy snug of fellow enthusiasts . If you have no one close by to play against take a look at our Solo campaign Over the Trenches . its been running for over 6 yrs now and still draw the crowds. Any problems/ questions just log in and someone will get back to you.

Happy flying.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Welcome to the 'Drome' Everett from up here in sunny (for the moment) West Yorkshire. Enjoy the game, fly safe and always watch your six!

Welcome to the Aerodrome Everett. I agree with Tim, I really enjoy my Gunbus and a BE2 is a must.

Welcome to the Drome, Both planes are fun to fly, trick is getting maneuver cards for em. good luck.

Attachment 247679Attachment 247680

Welcome to the 'drome Everett from a distinctly wet East Sussex this evening, sorry you didn't make it to Legionary but hopefully we'll catch up with you elsewhere in the circuit.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Hello Everett. Great game and forum. Enjoy

Welcome to the 'Drome Everett. If you fancy a jolly jaunt there is always the UKWing's annual bash at the Air Museum at Doncaster.

If you're interested let me know and I'll PM you details. Off on my jollies soon so a bit tied up at present with last minute admin.

Check here and look at 2018 for full details.

https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/fo...-Doncaster-Con

Neil
    See you on the Dark Side......

Welcome from Portland, Oregon.
    I think you will like it here.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Everett, from here near Norwich.

Bavaria

Ken

Now one jealous Brit Nice job...the 'chaps' would have been proud of you.

The planes are shapeways and the decals come from our own decal maker on this site. Simple enough to collect your own. Maneuver cards on the other hand come from the old flight of giants box for both, or you have to get a HP 0/400 for the XB deck for the RAF BE2. Box is the ONLY way to get the XC deck for the Gunbus. Or check this site and see if anyone has uploaded it.

Name:  4.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  143.5 KB

Don't have any pictures of my Gunbus!

Really must rectify that!

I have multiple copies of "Flight of the Giants" if you need an 'X-' manoeuvre deck or two.

Bavaria

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Name:  4.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  143.5 KB

Don't have any pictures of my Gunbus!

Really must rectify that!

I have multiple copies of "Flight of the Giants" if you need an 'X-' manoeuvre deck or two.

Hi Tim

Really liked the picture.
    There are several things: firstly we are away from tomorrow for about a month (Motorhome Spain/Portugal)...so secondly, yes I would relly appreciate any help eith the 'playing decks' for these early aircraft, but let me conract you when I return - TVM for the offer !
    Also I note the height...house rule (?) as the WoGlory have only four.
    Where did you buy the extra pegs?
    Lastly...is it 'good form' to email you 'off' the forum...or use it like the above?

Speak soon.

Best

Everett

Bavaria

Thanks for the info Ken.

Smile

G'day Everitt & welcome to the 'drome on behalf of the pilots who fly in NSW down in Australia.
    Like you I really love those early war aircraft. I have a Gunbus, 2 BE 2's, a host of Fokker E.III's, a couple of Moranes, a Morane Parasol & an Aviatik C.II.
    A few of pics for your enjoyment.

Name:  <acronym title=WGF BE2c's 2.jpg Views: 154 Size: 66.9 KB" style="float: CONFIG" />
    Name:  <acronym title=WSF Gunbus Top.JPG Views: 155 Size: 227.6 KB" style="float: CONFIG" />
    Name:  <acronym title=WGF Morane 60 Sqd.JPG Views: 151 Size: 69.5 KB" style="float: CONFIG" />
    Name:  <acronym title=WSF Morane L rigged.jpg Views: 147 Size: 193.9 KB" style="float: CONFIG" />
    Name:  <acronym title=WSF Eindeker E.III A.jpg Views: 148 Size: 139.8 KB" style="float: CONFIG" />
    Name:  <acronym title=WSF Aviatik C.II 4.jpg Views: 107 Size: 220.0 KB" style="float: CONFIG" />

Quote Originally Posted by Bavaria View Post
    Hi Tim

Really liked the picture.
    There are several things: firstly we are away from tomorrow for about a month (Motorhome Spain/Portugal)...so secondly, yes I would relly appreciate any help eith the 'playing decks' for these early aircraft, but let me conract you when I return - TVM for the offer !
    Also I note the height...house rule (?) as the WoGlory have only four.
    Where did you buy the extra pegs?
    Lastly...is it 'good form' to email you 'off' the forum...or use it like the above?

Speak soon.

Best

Everett
    Hi Everett

Best way is to send a PM on this Forum (then I can keep all Forum communication in one place!). Click on my profile and select 'Send PM'.
    The "flying higher" rule allows for greater altitude, and I like my photos of games to look realistic; if plane 'A' is at twice the altitude of plane 'B', I want it to stand atop twice as many pegs, so it LOOKS like it is flying higher.
    I bought a number of extra peg packs (originally 100 each, then later only 50 per bag), but when you own hundreds of minis, and each comes with 4 pegs, there's really no need to buy any extra ones!

I hope you enjoy your holiday; drop me a PM when you get back.

Bavaria

Thanks Barry....I don't think my fingers would be up to doing rigging

Great pics.

Australia has of course a most singular contribution to the 14-18 air war which I read about several years ago.

If you have (or ever do) visited the UK, Hendon and its Graham-White hanger and amazing collection of WW1 aircraft is quite amazing.

The joys of retirement...my wife and I leave for Spain and Portugal tomorrow for a month in our motor home....but when I return my collection will grow.

Everett

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bavaria View Post
    Thanks Barry....I don't think my fingers would be up to doing rigging

Great pics.

Australia has of course a most singular contribution to the 14-18 air war which I read about several years ago.

If you have (or ever do) visited the UK, Hendon and its Graham-White hanger and amazing collection of WW1 aircraft is quite amazing.

The joys of retirement...my wife and I leave for Spain and Portugal tomorrow for a month in our motor home....but when I return my collection will grow.

Everett
    Enjoy your trip & remember to let us all know of your further purchases.

Hi Everett welcome from Wiltshire.

Similar Missions

1. California New Pilot here
    By klonoa in forum US Wing
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 09-13-2016, 23:33
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-30-2016, 08:46
  3. A new pilot for a new B-17
    By Monte175 in forum WGS: After Action Reports
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-19-2015, 04:22