Ares Games

Thread: Using Damage cards for bombing...

Users Country Flag

Name
    Daniel
    Arizona (Otherwise known as Hell's back porch)
    Sorties Flown

Default Using Damage cards for bombing...

I'm thinking of using actual damage cards for bombing. My initial thoughts were for dropping a full load of bombs, draw one card from the "D" damage deck.
    When dropping a half load, draw one card from the "C" damage deck.
    An alternative is:
    For a full load, draw two cards from the "D" damage deck, and for half of a load, draw one card from the "D" damage deck.

The reason I am thinking of this is in part since the Trench cards and AA MG cards have "Damage" values. I wanted to give Bombs an ability to do damage points to the targets.
    I may expand this to other target types such as railyards and industrial targets, bridges, etc.
    Part of the mission set up is to assign "X" amount of damage points to targets to determine if they were in fact actually destroyed or just received "Minor to major damage" The Damage values would equal Victory points to determine which side won the battle.
    What are your thoughts on this?
    Last edited by Captain Knowitall; 05-21-2018 at 17:08.

I found that at convention games(especially) or with inexperienced pilots that hitting a target with a bomb with the rules as written is very difficult. I now just have the players with a bombing mission just have to fly over the target.

Drawing a damage card, be it a 'C' or 'D' works for random damage. Set your target damage points appropriate as to how hard you want it to be to destroy it. I let a plane with the peg on the target card or the base on the red dot on the target card re-draw a zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Knowitall View Post
    I'm thinking of using actual damage cards for bombing. My initial thoughts were for dropping a full load of bombs, draw one card from the "D" damage deck.
    When dropping a half load, draw one card from the "C" damage deck.
    An alternative is:
    For a full load, draw two cards from the "D" damage deck, and for half of a load, draw one card from the "D" damage deck.

The reason I am thinking of this is in part since the Trench cards and AA MG cards have "Damage" values. I wanted to give Bombs an ability to do damage points to the targets.
    I may expand this to other target types such as railyards and industrial targets, bridges, etc.
    Part of the mission set up is to assign "X" amount of damage points to targets to determine if they were in fact actually destroyed or just received "Minor to major damage" The Damage values would equal Victory points to determine which side won the battle.
    What are your thoughts on this?
    Have a look at this thread Daniel, it may give you an idea for the bomb loads / damage points the planes involved can carry.
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...-bomb-loadouts

"He is wise who watches"

Users Country Flag

Name
    Daniel
    Arizona (Otherwise known as Hell's back porch)
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Have a look at this thread Daniel, it may give you an idea for the bomb loads / damage points the planes involved can carry.
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...-bomb-loadouts
    Thank you for directing me to that thread. That looks to be better than my damage card idea.
    Cheers,
    Daniel

Similar Missions

1. How many Zero Damage Cards?
    By gully_raker in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-30-2017, 13:04
  2. damage cards
    By va beach ace in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-03-2013, 10:20
  3. Bombing target cards question