Ares Games

Thread: Smoke and Fire

Users Country Flag

Name
    Alex
    Sorties Flown

Default Smoke and Fire

I have only been playing WoW for a short while but my opponent and I came across a couple of questions about rule clarifications. I have the Famous Aces and Watch Your Back sets, so if these clarifications are covered in other sets, then I'm sorry for asking obvious questions...

First off, the smoke rule is not clearly explained: I take it to mean: if your plane is smoking then you can't tail other planes, but you can still be tailed? Is this the same with Fire? Is that correct?

Also we found the length of time that a plane smokes or is on fire is not too clear. It says remove a counter each TURN. We took this to mean that if a plane is hit and smokes in, say, PHASE II of the TURN, then you remove a smoke counter on each of the following three PHASE IIs. Is this correct?

And one final one... There are two different coloured gun jammed symbols, is there a reason for this?

I'm sorry about the length of this post and if any of it is obvious and I'm just missing something...

Burning Drachens does clear up the smoke rule some. In short, it says that when you are smoking, you can not tail anyone... but others can tail you. This same rule applies when you are on fire as well... the plane smokes when on fire.

Hope that helps!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Alex
    Sorties Flown

Thanks for that Col. Hajj, I just ordered Burning Drachens yesterday, so I ought to have waited...

Alex

No worries, that's what the site is here for!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Perry
    Sorties Flown

No. Smoke counters are removed at the end of a turn (after 3rd manouver card phase); fire counter is removed at the beginning of the next turn.

Burning Drachen rules as well as miniature rules are available online at the Nexus site.

Green vs Red Gun jam optional rules can be found in various places. I "think" that the original variant may come from the Italian Wings of War site:
    http://www.wingsofwar.it/read.asp?id=1272

Enjoy!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kirk
    Sorties Flown

The "Bullet Checker" optional rule in Burning Drachens says those with this ability only jam when a red cross comes up.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Alex
    Sorties Flown

Excellent, thanks for that chaps, that certainly clears up a few questions.

In an unrelated question, my RE8 shot down both a Fokker DR1 and a Albatros DVa on Sunday, has anybody else had such luck?

Alex

I've had several games where I get multiple kills.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kirk
    Sorties Flown

I've played a dozen games with my son and have only registered one kill. He has gotten two. I'm guessing it's mostly due to the fact we use role playing, which makes us want to keep our pilots alive. It makes it harder to get a kill and it's a lot more fun when we do get one since they're fairly rare.

Similar Missions

1. On Fire
    By KirkH in forum WGF: House Rules
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 10-13-2010, 05:00
  2. Smoke and Fire
    By CappyTom in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-07-2009, 18:40