Ares Games

Thread: Origins 2018 Role Call!!!

Default Origins 2018 Role Call!!!

Howdy Folks

I am wondering who all of you are planning on attending The Origins Game Fair this June?? We (The Buckeye Gamers in Flight) are in the process of trying to obtain a badge discount for members who are not working with us this year... but we need to give the Convention crew a roster asap. If you are planning on attending please chime in on this thread... I can't promise a badge discount... and I may need to get more info from you... I will update here as soon as we know something!

Thanks! (and I look forward to gaming with you!)
    Ken
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

I'm going, but still having issues with signing up for events.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    I'm going, but still having issues with signing up for events.
    I had a small issue myself... sent them an email but have not heard back either. As usual they had a lot of problems on that first day of open registration, so they are likely backlogged with requests to fix things... keep trying and let me know when you get results!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Late yesterday I finally got the help I needed. They reset my password and used my log in from last year. I logged in and signed up for several WoG events. Interesting thing is, other than the email conversation that I started, I never received an email from them (never got through?). That includes my attempts at "Forgot my password" and one Support sent me with links. Good luck. I hope they can remedy your issue too.

Good to know, Thanks! Look forward to gaming with you!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Thanks Ken
    We will be in around noon on Wednesday. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

I am looking forward to gaming with you guys too. Had a great time last year.

Hi Ken!!! I am going to make it there for the first time to the convention!!! Looking forward to putting some faces (and possibly some flames) to the names of everyone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crashx View Post
    Hi Ken!!! I am going to make it there for the first time to the convention!!! Looking forward to putting some faces (and possibly some flames) to the names of everyone!!!
    That is outstanding! What days are you planning to come? Have you signed up for events yet?
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Quote Originally Posted by BBSuds View Post
    Thanks Ken
    We will be in around noon on Wednesday. Looking forward to seeing everyone again.
    I look forward to once again flying the unfriendly skies with you, Beth, and Aaron!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

i just got registered for games this evening. look forward to seeing everyone again!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Cowman View Post
    That is outstanding! What days are you planning to come? Have you signed up for events yet?
    I will be there Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday!!! Wednesday I'm signed up for 3pm-5pm Operation Boucher-Yorch, Thursday is 2pm-5pm Aerodrome vs Aerodrome, Friday 9am-11am WWI Record breaker and 2pm-4pm is Berthold's Boys. Looking forward to meeting everyone!!! Matt said there was a Hofbrauhouse banquet Thursday night so I'm adding that to the agenda too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by crashx View Post
    I will be there Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday!!! Wednesday I'm signed up for 3pm-5pm Operation Boucher-Yorch, Thursday is 2pm-5pm Aerodrome vs Aerodrome, Friday 9am-11am WWI Record breaker and 2pm-4pm is Berthold's Boys. Looking forward to meeting everyone!!! Matt said there was a Hofbrauhouse banquet Thursday night so I'm adding that to the agenda too!!!

if youre interested im running a game from 8-11 pm called "bombing the reich" maximium effort" for some reason, it didnt get listed under wings of glory though. not sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    if youre interested im running a game from 8-11 pm called "bombing the reich" maximium effort" for some reason, it didnt get listed under wings of glory though. not sure why.
    Here is a bit of advice for you in the future Phillip. The search engine that Eventready provides for GAMA each year only searches by Event Name or Event Number. If you want your event to be searchable by the terms "Wings of Glory" you have to include it in your event name. If you search for Wings of Glory, all of our events come up... except for two... we had a couple of typos this year... one event comes up under "Wings of Gory" and one under "Wings of Gloy"!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Quote Originally Posted by The Cowman View Post
    Here is a bit of advice for you in the future Phillip. The search engine that Eventready provides for GAMA each year only searches by Event Name or Event Number. If you want your event to be searchable by the terms "Wings of Glory" you have to include it in your event name. If you search for Wings of Glory, all of our events come up... except for two... we had a couple of typos this year... one event comes up under "Wings of Gory" and one under "Wings of Gloy"!

thanks for the advice! i think it was a miscommunication that led to mine being listed as it was. oh well, live and learn! hahahaha thats so easy to do. miss a key here, double hit there. "wings of gory", sounds like my expirience from last year lol!!!

I just registered, and we've already sold out 2 events; Stop the Fascists, and Mars Attacks!
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

If you are going to Origins, please check out my friend Larry XL. He's doing comedy at Origins for the 2nd year. He arranged for it, and lined up the comedian/comediennes. We play Euro games together on regular basis and have for several years. While not a WoW/WoG person, he's a gamer and thus a nice guy. He's also very funny.

https://www.facebook.com/events/144092546428221/

Comedians Larry XL, Pat Sievert, Violet Gray and Jimmy Meritt bring jokes and a fistful of dice when they perform at Origins Game Fair 2018 on Friday, June 15 at 1:00 pm (family friendly all-ages show) & 10:00 p.m. (18 and over). The shows are in ROOM D-180 at the convention center and the cost of admission is 3 Generic Tokens.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

It was great to put names to faces at Origins again this year! Thanks to all of you 'Drome folks who came to game with us (again) this year I thought it was lots of fun and that there were some wonderful scenarios run by our BGiF crew - I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!

All the best,
    Matt

Yeah we did !!
    Outstanding effort by all involved, GM's & players alike. It was great to meet you all and thanks for making me so welcome

Sapiens qui vigilat "He is wise who watches"

I had a great time!!! All the faces of Aerodrome members, now I know who you are, and the friendships I made was worth the trip by itself!!! But it didn't stop there, the scenarios that were put on were wonderful!!! And Dave was a great Representative for the U.K., he's was an outstanding guy!!! So I can truly say my first time to Origins was a lot of FUN!!!

Another great Origins done. More faces put to names, the guilty cannot hide anymore.

Seriously, it was an outstanding experience. Great games with even greater friends, old and new. Only down side was not to have been able to sit at a table with everyone that attended. Meeting Flash(Dave) after all these years was more than worth the trip for me.

A mountain of thanks to Matt and Jim isn't enough for their selfless effort that made it all happen seamlessly. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Another great Origins done. More faces put to names, the guilty cannot hide...
    Who's hiding ?!
    It was an honour to meet & share a table with you Peter, hope we get to do it again one day, sorry about the two pilot wounds...!.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Who's hiding ?!
    It was an honour to meet & share a table with you Peter, hope we get to do it again one day, sorry about the two pilot wounds...!.
    Well, you are a good shot so I didn't feel a thing! Um, sorry? You seemed to convey a different emotion at the time.

Well you were getting between me and a fine cognac

If the head organizer of the Drome part of the show has any members who are owed medals please post a request and I will process them for you as swiftly as I can.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I would also like to thank the organizers, game masters, and players who showed up.
    Meeting Dave was a real treat. The banter between him and Beth (Trench Wench) during the invitational almost had me on the floor. Though since I got a few quips in myself, I guess I'm not an old stoggie yet
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

It is good to hear that you all had a great time. Will we be seeing any A.A.R.'s in the near future, please? If you look elsewhere on this site, you will find that we already have a new member, who met you at Origins. Well done!

Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

I sent you a PM, Rob, about medals for folks this year. Would you rather I go to the 'medals' section and put in requests for folks that way? Whatever is easiest - it's my pleasure to provide that for you...

All the best,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by matt56 View Post
    I sent you a PM, Rob, about medals for folks this year. Would you rather I go to the 'medals' section and put in requests for folks that way? Whatever is easiest - it's my pleasure to provide that for you...

All the best,
    Matt
    As far as I know Matt, all your medal requests are now complete. If anyone feels that they have missed out please contact Matt and he will forward your requests to me.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Thanks loads, Rob - there may be a few more as I think of them/remember the players, etc...and hopefully anyone needing one will contact me or you...

You're the best!

All the best,
    Matt

Similar Missions

1. Origins 2018
    By CappyTom in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-10-2018, 04:36
  2. British Columbia: TsukinoCon - Febuary 2018 - Call for Wings of Glory Hosts
    By OldGuy59 in forum Canadian Wing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-28-2017, 11:44
  3. Origins 2013 Roll Call
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Past Origins Game Fairs
    Replies: 232
    Last Post: 06-17-2013, 14:22
  4. 1/144 scale role call
    By Oberst Hajj in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 09-08-2012, 19:29
  5. Call for Origins 2012 GMs