Ares Games

Thread: Any Wings of War at Historicon, July 12-15, 2018 in Lancaster, PA ?

Default Any Wings of War at Historicon, July 12-15, 2018 in Lancaster, PA ?

Is anyone running Wings games at Historicon ? I know a number of people are running Check Your Six games, but haven't heard of any Wings...

I saw that Peter (Teaticket) is running his "Above Guadalcanal" game on Saturday night at Historicon -- are there any other Wings games ??? I've tried to wade through the PEL listing -- but it is hundreds of games (the reason it is called the Mother of all wargame conventions)...so any help anyone can give directing me to either Wings or Sails of Glory games would be appreciated !!!

I submitted 4 games but somehow the gremlins derailed 3 of them. If I can get a table (I'm sure I can) I'll run the other three. When and where who knows? I had planned on 'Tigers Over Burma', 'Across the Adriatic' and 'Aerodrome Raid'. Hopefully they will find a table.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    I submitted 4 games but somehow the gremlins derailed 3 of them. If I can get a table (I'm sure I can) I'll run the other three. When and where who knows? I had planned on 'Tigers Over Burma', 'Across the Adriatic' and 'Aerodrome Raid'. Hopefully they will find a table.
    OOOOH...is Tigers over Burma a Flying Tigers game (my heart beats with anticipation...) ??

Quote Originally Posted by NewFlyBoy View Post
    OOOOH...is Tigers over Burma a Flying Tigers game (my heart beats with anticipation...) ??
    Are you seated....yes it is.

WOO HOO !!!! Let me know where and when.....I'll be there if I am still breathing !!!

I had hoped to run this Thursday evening. If it isn't in the convention book, look at the events table for newly added Thursday games.

I had hoped to run this Thursday evening. If it isn't in the convention book, look at the events table for newly added Thursday games.
    Thanks, Peter, I'll try to do my homework on this -- please keep me in the loop as I would love, love, love to play in this game!

I see what may have happened to your Flying Tiger game-- on Thursday at 4 PM there is a Flying Tigers game using Fire in the Sky rules and at 7PM on Thursday there is a "Burma Road" Flying Tigers game using Aerodrome 2.0 rules. I guess you got bumped because of them....

Quote Originally Posted by NewFlyBoy View Post
    I see what may have happened to your Flying Tiger game-- on Thursday at 4 PM there is a Flying Tigers game using Fire in the Sky rules and at 7PM on Thursday there is a "Burma Road" Flying Tigers game using Aerodrome 2.0 rules. I guess you got bumped because of them....
    Yeah, I just saw this. I'll try to get a table for Friday night for Tigers Over Burma.

Yeah, I just saw this. I'll try to get a table for Friday night for Tigers Over Burma.
    If you do, count me in -- please let me know and I'll be there!

Sorry to report that I will not be going to Historicon this year. I have notified them to cancell my games. I will still be going to Origins.

Sorry to hear this, but now it saves me a trip to Lancaster !
    B.

Similar Missions

1. Queensland Wings of Glory WW1 & WW2 at Briscon Apr 28-29, 2018
    By Carl_Brisgamer in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-07-2018, 04:00
  2. A Martini, A Balloon & Wings Of Glory...2018
    By BellMW54 in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-21-2018, 02:42
  3. Wings of Glory WW2 at Cancon 2018
    By Carl_Brisgamer in forum Australian Wing