Ares Games

Thread: CARDS HOLDER

Default CARDS HOLDER

Most gamers keep their movement cards in their hand, selecting them by searching in the deck when planning.
    A card holder helps viewing the available cards of each deck, before planning.
    It is easier for newcommers, but I also use it for myself and my game partners as we find them more practical to find the cards we need during the game.
    At the end of the game, the cards are already classified, for the next game.

The cards holder showed below come from the game Rummikub and are normally designed to hold dominoes.
    They suit for small movement cards, but adding a thick adhesive rubber (blue lines on pictures) on the edge of the 2 supports prevent cards for slipping.
    The rubber is neccessary to hold the larger cards of WW2 fastest planes.

The Rummikub holder is stable and holds a full deck without being cumbersome.
    It creates a "cockpit area".

Last edited by monse; 10-16-2020 at 03:47.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

What a great 'hack' for displaying cards, Monse! I really like the way this lets you see the cards - I find myself sometimes needing to visualize the complete sequence of cards as I decide which three I will choose (for WWI). This would help that quite a lot, I think.

Thanks so much for sharing it!
    All the best,
    Matt

Tested and approved !

Need images reposted...
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Nope. No images. Tried Google Chrome and the new Microsoft Edge, but nothing.
    Mike

Mike like you I see no picture so I went and looked up RUMMIKUB. Seems it is a game but if you go to Rummikub card holders you can find a number of different holders. Scrabble tile holdres seem to be the same thing.

Do the pictures appear on screen now ?
    Pictures are also available on this album :
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/al...p?albumid=4166

Quote Originally Posted by monse View Post
    Do the pictures appear on screen now ?
    Pictures are also available on this album :
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/al...p?albumid=4166

Wow!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	InvalidAlbum_Capture.PNG 
Views:	88 
Size:	4.1 KB 
ID:	293664

PS: PM sent to Keith.
    Mike

Hm. Not seeing any pictures and, when I click the link I get an invalid album message.

Didn't see anything when I went to your albums; latest picture was in your matts album.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

The issue was that the album these photos are posted in was set to Private. Since monse posted them here to share, I went ahead and made the album public. You guys should be able to see them now.

Those are very nice, Monse, but do you want all your unused cards on display in a game where the opposition players come wandering around the table to reach their aircraft models on the other side of the mat?

Yes! Very pretty pictures. Cool idea.
    Mike

Nice idea indeed. but the ham-fisted like myself will scatter the unused ones all over the place!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

That is actually a neat idea. Might need to get a number for our Origin's games.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    Those are very nice, Monse, but do you want all your unused cards on display in a game where the opposition players come wandering around the table to reach their aircraft models on the other side of the mat?
    When one plays with honorable players, there are no worries. And why would you play with those proven dishonorable more than once?
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

I was going at it a different direction... using these maneuver sheets I found in the files section:

B Deck.pdf

But I still have to fiddle with finding the damn card I want from the deck. Your idea looks less fiddly. Thanks!

Though, I tore a tendon in my left pointer finger and it obliterates my fine motor skill for picking things up, which may be my real issue. Maybe I should stop rubbing dirt on it / walking it off and get it fixed instead. It's always something.

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 74
    Last Post: 03-09-2018, 15:51
  2. WGF WTS ace & skill cards promo and ace career cards promo OR WTB kickstarter ace cards
    By gr3yh47 in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-15-2017, 07:20
  3. A flight-peg holder
    By Lino22 in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-13-2013, 02:00
  4. ACE CARDS.
    By phililphall in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-07-2013, 23:37
  5. Replies: 2