Ares Games

Thread: Is there a list of planes and their decks?

Default Is there a list of planes and their decks?

Hi guys, I am looking at getting some Valom kits and wonder if there is a font of deck wisdom to be looked into?
    Also, are there any scanned decks that can be printed floating around?
    Cheers!

If you look in the files section (both WWI and WW2) there are 'Unofficial' lists of all plane stats, decks, armaments, hits.....

I have deck scans if you want to print your own. PM me your email address and which deck(s) you'd like.

There are listings around of the published planes and what maneuver decks they use; there's some in the file section here. Also, it's not particularly hard to go over to the Ares site and look at the product pictures. You can see what maneuver deck a plane uses (as well as their damage deck and hit points) printed on the base.

Have a dig through these files Steven:
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/do...p?do=cat&id=59

I recommend this spreadsheet from the unofficial stats committee as it has all the current data: https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/do...o=file&id=2419

There is also this 'sticky' thread in WW1 General Discussions for a quick reference
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...Aircraft-lt-lt

And here is the document from the files I created all about manoeuvre decks you might find useful.
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/do...o=file&id=2043

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by Popsical View Post
    Hi guys, ...
    Also, are there any scanned decks that can be printed floating around?
    Cheers!
    Steven,
    FYI. This site used to have maneuver decks in the files section, when Nexus/Wings of War went under. However, when Ares picked up the licensing, and started producing planes and maneuver decks for Wings of Glory, the site removed all the decks as an infringement of Intellectual Property.

Individuals might have scans of maneuver decks, as some people like to keep their decks in pristine condition, and use copies to endure the wear and tear of use (and some people use them a lot, including at conventions and demonstration games). Some people produce their own planes for which Ares is not currently providing a model (metal, paper, plastic, resin, etc...) and need decks for those planes. But the copied/scanned decks should never appear as a collection on this site, for the above reason.

Intellectual Property Rights is why you can't find something so very useful on this site. That would include Damage Decks (WWI) and Chits (WWII). Modifications and adaptations can be found, as Ares doesn't provide some things. If/when Ares starts producing some thing that competes with content on this Forum, I suspect the "Official" product will superceed the home-grown stuff, and the home-grown content will be removed from the Forum.

Things I suspect will disappear (eventually) are:
    If Ares puts out an He.177: WGS XB Fast Maneuver Deck

If Ares puts out a Caproni Ca.1: WGF Maneuver Deck XDs (use a Caproni Ca.3 model, as it was nearly identical, with bigger engines)

Quick Reference Cards for Maneuver Decks (usefull for solo games and Skype game hosting):
    WGF MATES (Maneuver Templates) - Folding Version

OldGuy's WGS MATES Cards Album
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

It's also worth noting that many of the decks can be constructed from other decks by removing cards (and there's a document in the files for that too). In particular, the decks generally used for normal (non-agile) 2-seaters (H, K and Y) can be made up from any similar speed deck.

Cheers guys!
    I did think that IP issues would be a block to part of my questions.

It is sort of a sore point for some of us...even if we understand. Latecomers to the game have problems finding decks. The only solution is to hunt down old WOW box sets as the previous printings had decks in the box sets and decks with the card blisters. IF you can find them they are very useful for building a deck collection. Trick is between the box sets and the plane boxes getting 4 to 5 of each deck (except maybe the bombers) so you can field all the odd stuff that has not been printed yet or is nowhere to be found (cough DH-2). The new box sets do not have maneuver decks in them as they only come with the planes now just like the cards. Some of us have been hunting down the old stuff then getting Shapeways 3D printed planes and painting them to the extra plane cards we have, then you can order stands right off the webstore above. Every now and then the suggestion comes around that maybe they should reprint the card decks as they do get damaged or lost with time (or rarely come in the box damaged like one I got in an new WOW box this week. Not gonna get that card replaced). Also it is the ONLY way to get some of the WWII decks as they have not been released with a proper plane yet. F or G, H, J, and K all come to mind as only in the old boxes as planes using them have not been printed yet. As are WII cards for P-39, P-400's, Polikarpov I 16 's, and Ki-100 IB. WWI is much better as there are more planes out there.

The plus side is this is where you will find help and suggestions...and the great unofficial plane lists so you can fly the odd planes not made yet.

The MATES cards in the files section are handy.They have every manoeuvre on a single card (some might have 2), along with the number of each manoeuvre. In the absence of an official deck you could use one of these cards, writing down the numbers of the 3 cards you are using each turn.

Similar Missions

1. Board Game Geeks list of planes incomplete
    By Ken at Sunrise in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-05-2017, 12:15
  2. Washington: Where can I find a list of planes by date of availability?
    By FCPTJoe in forum US Wing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-11-2015, 09:22
  3. List of planes by manufcturer
    By Burt in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-24-2011, 11:31
  4. List of all planes release todate, cards and minis
    By Oberst Hajj in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-21-2010, 21:07
  5. What planes are missing from this list