Ares Games

Thread: Bomber Camp

Default Bomber Camp

Just what every middle aged guy who's into aircraft wants.

Bomber Camp.

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/ins...mber-camp.html

Actually I think this is pretty cool. If $2200 was pocket change I'd jump on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Actually I think this is pretty cool. If $2200 was pocket change I'd jump on this.
    Believe me, if I had the money I would already have my reservation.

I was sitting on the sofa next to my wife when I saw this and I said "wow..." out loud. My wife asked me what I was talking about, and I showed her the lap top, and said in a dreamy, reverent voice "Bomber Camp..." She looked at me... for a long time. I think she was realizing once again what a weird man she had married.

Are you coming to Origins again this year? And if so, with or without dragons?

Yes, I'll be there but no dragons. Last year the Origins theme was dragons. I was asked if I could run a WW2 dragon game and did so. This year I run 4 games with no funny stuff. See Matt for that!

My wife also know she married a strange man. "Honey, want to play with me and my airplanes"? Best part is she will!

Man, getting to ride in the ball turret would be so worth it. I’m trying to convince the wife that should be my birthday presents next year and the year after that. And the one after that. I wonder how many birthdays I’d have to miss to get this as a present?

Saw those two bombers here in Oregon in 2005 - went through the B-24 and you could ride in the B-17 for about $800 I think.

This is a whole 'nother level ...

Another reason to win that lottery!

awesome!!! now all i need is a gofundme page!!!

Still seeking right words. That must be a camp!

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Yes, I'll be there but no dragons. Last year the Origins theme was dragons. I was asked if I could run a WW2 dragon game and did so. This year I run 4 games with no funny stuff. See Matt for that!

My wife also know she married a strange man. "Honey, want to play with me and my airplanes"? Best part is she will!
    I am planning to play in as many of the WWII events as I can fit in. My wife and son are coming with me so I may get derailed from some of them. I really envy those of you who can get your wives to play. Mine will play Catan and other light board games, but that's about it.

My wife likes the WWI version better. She'll play in a WW2 game when I run at shows but prefers WWI. No complaints from me as she is playing.

At Origins for WW2 I'll be running a Battle of Britain, Kanalkampf, and a Pacific Midway game.
    Last edited by Teaticket; 04-26-2018 at 19:31.

The Battle of Britain and Midway games are the ones I was most looking forward to.

I have a lot of ideas for running scenarios. I was toying with painting all of the Merit Dauntlesses and Devastators I bought in the pre-war yellow wing schemes and then have them go against Vals, Bettys, and Claudes in a Panay Incident turning into a hot war. I forgot that Dauntlesses weren't operational yet in late 1937, so I'd have to get Vindicators instead. The real stopper for me is I can't find F2Fs in 1/200 scale.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsalt View Post
    Just what every middle aged guy who's into aircraft wants.

Bomber Camp.

https://www.warhistoryonline.com/ins...mber-camp.html
    Now that would be an experience!

Similar Missions

1. Blenheim Bomber, The forgotten bomber
    By CappyTom in forum WGS: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-27-2017, 15:43
  2. Escaped from POW camp
    By tonyc206 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 06-23-2015, 13:18