Results 1 to 27 of 27

Thread: Red Baron down!

  1. #1

    Default Red Baron down!

    Shot down in Prague by Dan-Sam and the Nightbomber...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EE074374-6C93-4668-8444-C7C3D629AC96.jpg  
    Voilą le soleil d'Austerlitz!

  2. #2

  3. #3

    Default

    Took two of them to do it.

    Love the Ace Cards!
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

  4. #4

    Default

    Two well known and respected foes. You did very well if it took the two to down you! Great ace cards.

  5. #5

    Default

    Nice!!! Did you all pick your own Ace abilities?

  6. #6

    Default

    Love the cards. It shows how close the member are and the friends you make.

  7. #7

    Default

    I certainly hope they downed you on points and not the dreaded 'boom-boom' card, Sven!

    As others have said - it took two of 'em in SE5a s to do it...not quite Voss's last flight, but close enough for WoG work...

    Those ACE cards are top-notch - what a lovely treat from PragueCon!

    All the best,
    Matt

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Resident View Post
    Nice!!! Did you all pick your own Ace abilities?
    It depends... On the card there was a full set of them after reaching 16 points (not for MvR) in case that an air victory is for 2 (shared for 1), mission victory for 2 etc. I think the only one who has a real chance to reach 16 points during 4 missions was Tim who had 15 about quarter an hour before the very end (correct me if I'm wrong). Anyway, two skills were pretty fine, three great and I can just imagine how four could be. Personally I reached 12.


  9. #9

    Thumbs up

    R.I.P to a worthy Foe!
    Anyway it was only History repeating itself if in a slightly different way.
    Commiserations Sven & Congrats to Andy & Dan.

    "Its a fine line indeed between going out in a Blaze of Glory or having Crashed & Burnt!"
    Member Australian Society of WW1 Aero Historians

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    ...Anyway it was only History repeating itself if in a slightly different way...
    With the SE's involved it has shades of Voss' last stand. I'm sure Sven would not have made it easy for them.

    "He is wise who watches"

  11. #11

    Default

    Had to report that Tim jumped into the breach that Flying officer Kyte left.

    Here you can see him burning, while protecting his baronish wingman.

    Beside this he collected a real high number of jams during the balloon busting (5).

    Thank you Flying Helmut for catching fire and collecting jams. The Baron survived this mission.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FFB038C9-5BD3-490A-AD79-7D98EB025DF6.jpg   20AC3871-0EB1-40BD-947A-FA10A6930EAD.jpg  
    Voilą le soleil d'Austerlitz!

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    With the SE's involved it has shades of Voss' last stand. I'm sure Sven would not have made it easy for them.
    ...I refused a little bit to explore Entente trenches, so the boys came over to get me.

    After all my wingmen avenged me fast and you can visit „all three Memorials“ today not far away from each other.
    Voilą le soleil d'Austerlitz!

  13. #13

    Default

    Love your sweatshirt Sven.
    Kyte.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

  14. #14

    Default

    By the way, here is the last moment before final shots. Maybe my best maneuver ever...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20180421-WA0015.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	119.0 KB 
ID:	245023

    With aiming +1


  15. #15

    Default

    Well done Dan, right place, right time !

    "He is wise who watches"

  16. #16

    Default

    That is awesone Sven - where did you get that T-Shirt? I have to have one

    Never knowingly under gunned !

  17. #17

    Default

    Just do not forget to stay in WWI part of the e-shop and not to click WWII


  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    It depends... On the card there was a full set of them after reaching 16 points (not for MvR) in case that an air victory is for 2 (shared for 1), mission victory for 2 etc. I think the only one who has a real chance to reach 16 points during 4 missions was Tim who had 15 about quarter an hour before the very end (correct me if I'm wrong). Anyway, two skills were pretty fine, three great and I can just imagine how four could be. Personally I reached 12.
    Correct, Dan.
    I gained 5 points in the first mission, allowing me my first Ace skill in mission 2 (which I used to shoot down McCudden!)
    Another 3 points in mission #2, total now 8, releasing the second Ace skill for mission #3.
    4 more in mission 3 (total 12), giving me 3 skills for the final game.
    3 gained in the last mission, just dropping short of releasing skill #4.

    Flying with 3 Aces Skills was a joy - I had only ever used an Ace Skill once before, and then only one, and only for about half an hour.
    Many thanks indeed for organising this Skill Tree, and letting me try them out!

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    Had to report that Tim jumped into the breach that Flying officer Kyte left.

    Here you can see him burning, while protecting his baronish wingman.

    Beside this he collected a real high number of jams during the balloon busting (5).

    Thank you Flying Helmut for catching fire and collecting jams. The Baron survived this mission.

    It was an honour, and a bit fraught, and a tad frustrating, but I'm glad it worked out for you, Herr Rittmeister!

    The honour was to be able to fly with you, having no such opportunity at Doncaster.
    Thanks for not mentioning that I collided with you when attacking the balloon - fortunately we both survived!

    The fire was a bit fraught, and very Kyte-esque; fortunately delivering only a 0-1-0 damage card trio!
    The frustration came from setting the balloon ablaze, but it failing to burn completely before the end of the game, denying me 3 more victory points; the last 3 'A' damage cards being 0, 0 and 1!!!!!

    The gun jams became a feature of the Richthofen Campaign for me: - 14 jams(!!!!!!!) across the four games (5 for the Roland, 3 for the Albatros D.III, 4 for my SS D.III, then 2 more in the final game).
    When I landed at my home field after the fall of the Baron, I tried to shoot my armourer...................but the pistol failed to fire!

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    By the way, here is the last moment before final shots. Maybe my best maneuver ever...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20180421-WA0015.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	119.0 KB 
ID:	245023

    With aiming +1
    To all of you, chaps: Sven was flying the paper model of Dr.I that Quim, AKA Blackronin had made himself and given me

    years ago. We mentioned our Portuguese friend right before the battle.
    <img src=http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2554&dateline=1409073309 border=0 alt= />
    "We do not stop playing when we get old, but we get old when we stop playing."

  21. #21

    Default

    Still miss his presence . . . the mighty Quim!

  22. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    It was an honour, and a bit fraught, and a tad frustrating, but I'm glad it worked out for you, Herr Rittmeister!

    The honour was to be able to fly with you, having no such opportunity at Doncaster.
    Thanks for not mentioning that I collided with you when attacking the balloon - fortunately we both survived!

    The fire was a bit fraught, and very Kyte-esque; fortunately delivering only a 0-1-0 damage card trio!
    The frustration came from setting the balloon ablaze, but it failing to burn completely before the end of the game, denying me 3 more victory points; the last 3 'A' damage cards being 0, 0 and 1!!!!!

    The gun jams became a feature of the Richthofen Campaign for me: - 14 jams(!!!!!!!) across the four games (5 for the Roland, 3 for the Albatros D.III, 4 for my SS D.III, then 2 more in the final game).
    When I landed at my home field after the fall of the Baron, I tried to shoot my armourer...................but the pistol failed to fire!
    Your cunning attempt to take away my Happy Jammer title is futile.
    <img src=http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2554&dateline=1409073309 border=0 alt= />
    "We do not stop playing when we get old, but we get old when we stop playing."

  23. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightbomber View Post
    Your cunning attempt to take away my Happy Jammer title is futile.
    That title will always be yours, my friend!

    I was a less-than-happy jammer!

  24. #24

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    Had to report that Tim jumped into the breach that Flying officer Kyte left.

    Here you can see him burning, while protecting his baronish wingman.

    Beside this he collected a real high number of jams during the balloon busting (5).

    Thank you Flying Helmut for catching fire and collecting jams. The Baron survived this mission.
    What a great pic & that T shirt Sven is just super.
    I see you were wearing your Blue Max as well.

    "Its a fine line indeed between going out in a Blaze of Glory or having Crashed & Burnt!"
    Member Australian Society of WW1 Aero Historians

  25. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    ...

    When I landed at my home field after the fall of the Baron, I tried to shoot my armourer...................but the pistol failed to fire!
    Voilą le soleil d'Austerlitz!

  26. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    That is awesone Sven - where did you get that T-Shirt? I have to have one
    https://www.zazzle.com/the_red_baron...41484256807122

    Boght it during black friday for 50% off.

    15 $ (instead of 30$) + 10 $ shipping cost.

    Best feature: The Iron cross is on the rearside, too!
    Voilą le soleil d'Austerlitz!

  27. #27

    Default

    Great mix of AARs, pics, cards, and shirt. Well done!



Similar Missions

  1. AAR Bag the Baron
    By BobP in forum After Action Reports
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-01-2014, 08:04
  2. AAR Bag the Baron
    By BobP in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-27-2014, 18:27
  3. R.I.P The Red Baron.
    By gully_raker in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-22-2013, 20:39
  4. The Red Baron
    By Jwar in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-20-2013, 13:53
  5. Red Baron?
    By Hamburger in forum General Discussions
    Replies: 93
    Last Post: 06-17-2012, 14:09

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •