Ares Games

Thread: Got my set today!

Default Got my set today!

Got my little order in today. Grabbed the Rules and accessories boxset and an extra plane, the Albatros D.III. No idea what it plays like since I have only done the demo with Mike up in Courtenay in a couple games but Looking forward to seeing what they can do.

Name:  30762688_10155152585371924_8274794197039448064_n.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  220.6 KB

Any players Victoria?
    Last edited by Panzer_elite; 04-20-2018 at 12:09.

The Albatros is one of the nicest looking planes ever made imho.

Excellent start! I remember when I got my first Wings box set, boy what a night. Just a little advice...................you need MORE planes!!

There are a few players, just not prolific on the Forum. I'll try to poke a few by PM, and see if the will contact you.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Thumbs up

Nice grab!
    You will enjoy the Albatross. Definitely one of the iconic WW1 aircraft.

Another plane that might interest you, Dave.

Name:  fokker1-01_Fledermaus.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  200.9 KB

Needs a few touch-ups, but close.
    Mike

Love the bit of custom graphics! I wonder who . . . gives me a tug, haven't made anything from card in a long while . . .

looks like your set for hours of fun!!!!

Enjoy your Rules & accessories pack and the Albatros D.III. If you have a second plane, you could use some of the solo play rules from the Files section until you can find another local player. If you have only one plane, you can still practice bombing and ground strafing targets.

Love that Dr.1, Mike.

Perhaps Spaßvogel would make a good wingman (although technically an adversary)

I like your Fokker Dr.I flown by Lt Fledermaus-Mann, Mike. What does the initial G represent, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    Love that Dr.1, Mike.

Perhaps Spaßvogel would make a good wingman (although technically an adversary)
    Hmmm... I've already done up a card for a purple plane. Not for that pilot, though. And really, I don't see the Entente letting him out of training, as he would be too unconventional.

Link: Wacky Wings of War

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    I like your Fokker Dr.I flown by Lt Fledermaus-Mann, Mike. What does the initial G represent, please?
    OK. Using Google Translate is not always the best way to get what you want. In desperation, I went with 'Gefährlich'. Depending on what that actually means in context, I intended it to mean 'Dangerous'. It wouldn't fit on the nameplate, regardless, and if (when) I do up a card, it won't fit, either. Perhaps too much of a reach.
    Mike

lol. as in Lt Danger-Mouse? Love it.

I LOVE the Batman logo on that paper plane. I might have to just use that as a WWII plane to fly against the Norwegian WWII plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Resident View Post
    lol. as in Lt Danger-Mouse? Love it.

I LOVE the Batman logo on that paper plane. I might have to just use that as a WWII plane to fly against the Norwegian WWII plane.
    The Dark Dr.1 has something to do with this guy: The Dark Knight of Victoria

The last name of the Dr.1 'pilot' can be translated from German as 'Bat-Man' (Literal translation of 'fledermaus' is 'flitter mouse'? It is what Germans call a bat.).
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 04-21-2018 at 23:54.
    Mike

OK, for those not following the thread for ComiCon 2018, a new plane made it's appearance there.

Link: Curious ComiCon 2018 - More Martians!

No, it wasn't the Dark Knight Dr.1 above. I didn't have time to put it together. However, Dave did have a surprise for my gaming table.

Name:  IMG_20180505_130142.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  186.3 KB

This was Dave's custom 3D printed Batwing and card. Very nice work. Now, I'm thinking the stats will have to be amended.
    Mike

Similar Missions

1. 100 up today.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-23-2018, 01:05
  2. Today WWI
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-08-2017, 00:20
  3. I saw this today
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7