Ares Games

Thread: Canberra Northern Suburbs Gaming defunct?

Default Canberra Northern Suburbs Gaming defunct?

Hi all,

I went to the Gungahlin library as per this club's last known details, but sadly there was no sign of little aeroplanes and no library staff had ever heard of the club.

Jolt Games had no solid leads, and the club's WargamerAU section has been silent for 2 years.

Any confirmed sightings?

Thanks.

Hi Paul,

You should PM Zoe..

I think I've asked everywhere possible now, with no luck. It unfortunately looks like they wound up but no-one turned the figurative lights off on the way out.

If anyone in the area wants a game, let me know!

Apparently they meet at Jolt Games, so a happy ending. It is just unfortunate that the Jolt staff member I asked did not know that.

Having an inactive site or a lack of activity on a site for two years is a pretty good indication of a group going under. Great that they are still getting together, but someone isn't minding all the bread/cookie crumb paths.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Quote Originally Posted by Muerto View Post
    I think I've asked everywhere possible now, with no luck. It unfortunately looks like they wound up but no-one turned the figurative lights off on the way out.

If anyone in the area wants a game, let me know!
    Yes please. Jolt is convenient for me - as much as it can be with all the roadworks putting in the light railway. Downer is a good place to live, but house prices are now ridiculous. Which means rates are eye watering.

Aha! Bogeys spotted in the distance!

PM sent!

Users Country Flag

Blog Entries
    Name
    Stephen
    Sorties Flown

Hi paul, Great if you can catch up with Zoe. I am gaming over the trenches with Mark Haughey, Simon, Biko and Olivier tomorrow night at the NWS. Will post the game pictures...keep your nose up, regards stephen

Similar Missions

1. Queensland 24hr Charity Gameathon at QLD Northern Knights Gaming Club Caboolture June 2-3
    By Carl_Brisgamer in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-06-2017, 06:06
  2. MILSIMS Defunct
    By Zoe Brain in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 09-11-2016, 22:00
  3. NASA Canberra
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-19-2013, 19:53