Ares Games

Thread: Topside Minis Mediterranean WWI ships

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Default Topside Minis Mediterranean WWI ships

On their Facebook page a couple of days ago, Topside Minis posted pictures of the first half-dozen Austro-Hungarian WWI capital ships they're doing, along with the teaser that they will be producing the rest of the A-H fleet. Additionally, they plan to do the Italians, Ottomans, French, US, Russian, and Australian fleets. They also plan on adding other UK and German ships (presumably not covered by the Jutland sets, whose ships they did say would be available soon as individual ships).

As someone who's always wanted targets for scenarios in the Adriatic, this news about the A-H, Italian, and French fleets pleases me greatly!

Topside Minis does beautiful work - check 'em out if you have the inclination...

All the best,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by matt56 View Post
    On their Facebook page a couple of days ago, Topside Minis posted pictures of the first half-dozen Austro-Hungarian WWI capital ships they're doing, along with the teaser that they will be producing the rest of the A-H fleet. Additionally, they plan to do the Italians, Ottomans, French, US, Russian, and Australian fleets. They also plan on adding other UK and German ships (presumably not covered by the Jutland sets, whose ships they did say would be available soon as individual ships).

As someone who's always wanted targets for scenarios in the Adriatic, this news about the A-H, Italian, and French fleets pleases me greatly!

Topside Minis does beautiful work - check 'em out if you have the inclination...

All the best,
    Matt
    What scale Matt? Do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    What scale Matt? Do you know?
    Hi Reg,

They are 1/1800 scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    Hi Reg,

They are 1/1800 scale.
    Don't think I've come across that scale before. It's a bit of an odd one don't you think?

Same scales as the Wizards Axis & Allies War at Sea miniatures.

Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

They now also have 1/2400 and 1/3000. The difference is that with the 1/1800 ships, they provide 3mm baltic birch wood 'bases' for the peel-and-stick top-down view of the ships. For the smaller scale versions there is no base provided. Go to topsideminis.com to check 'em out - they have a ton of WW2 ships, and they just released the WWI fleets for Jutland a while back. Some ships are only available as sets, and some are available as individual ships.

All the best,
    Matt

Thumbs up

I can really recommend Topside minis as I have all the US & Jap carriers plus some cruisers & destroyers for Midway & a selection of Transports for Pacific War WoG games.

I can also recommend them. I have a number of their ships. They are supposed to be coming out with targets but I haven't seen anything from them yet. When I ordered Liberty ships they ran out of names but asked me what I wanted. He came up with names so now I have a bunch of liberty ships.

Eerily reminiscent of last couple of weeks ....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	243798

Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Hmmmm, Pete - just went there myself after I saw your post and it's the same thing...although you don't need the www in front of the name...

If you're on Facebook, you might access their FB page - they have pictures and updates there. Bob - if you're on FB, they have posted pics of various targets there - the latest I saw was a
    V-1 launch site...looked pretty cool!

All the best,
    Matt

Similar Missions

1. Topside Minis Jutland series
    By matt56 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-18-2018, 15:42
  2. TOPSIDE Minis
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-02-2017, 16:17