Ares Games

Thread: How many damage decks

Default How many damage decks

Sorry to post this one - can't find an answer I can understand on searching the forum and I should have asked yesterday at Salute but forgot in the excitement of my first WW2 game (cheers John)

Anyway here is my question .....

For a 2 plane duel 1 set of damage decks is presumably right, but in larger games do you add more decks? Do you run two A decks at any time for example.

There are some forum answers on this one so feel free to ignore but......does anyone add more or remove explosion cards and the like any time. I like the idea about dealing them into the lower half of the deck ands of having more than one so it keeps the risk/fear up.

R

from what i understand the rules recommend adding another damage deck for every 4 aircraft. i always use 2 a decks so i dont have to reshuffle it every time the boom card rears its ugly head.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabscallion View Post
    Sorry to post this one - can't find an answer I can understand on searching the forum and I should have asked yesterday at Salute but forgot in the excitement of my first WW2 game (cheers John)

Anyway here is my question .....

For a 2 plane duel 1 set of damage decks is presumably right, but in larger games do you add more decks? Do you run two A decks at any time for example.

There are some forum answers on this one so feel free to ignore but......does anyone add more or remove explosion cards and the like any time. I like the idea about dealing them into the lower half of the deck ands of having more than one so it keeps the risk/fear up.

R
    Always have a look at the FAQ sticky in the Rules sub forum Rob - you may find answers in there.
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...al-Rules-lt-lt
    This one is in there:
    The designer's suggested minimum is one deck for every four planes in use. He also mentions that if you use multiple decks in big games there's no need to separate them again for smaller games.
    Many of us will remember having played with more than 4 planes per single deck years ago, now many play with multiple decks.. per side !
    Don't forget to recycle cards from downed aircraft - that will help stretch things out, and if using two-seaters with B deck that will also help pad things out a bit.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Some players do remove the boom card from their damage decks to increase the effect of playing skill in their games. Re-shuffling the cards from downed planes back into the damage deck means that the boom card goes back in to possibly appear again, so it may appear more frequently than another single damage card (e.g. the 5 point damage card) would.

Our group uses 2 decks, but we usually have 6 to 8 planes out at a time.

Using limited ammo (8 cards per gun ) And keeping a good number of cards in communal deck some use up to 4 decks

Me? In my group, for which I supply the planes and components, I have one set of decks per side. So that would be up to 4 planes per side no problem. I think I do have extra decks but haven't needed them yet.

Three decks because my box holds them.

Name:  DSC_0099.jpg
Views: 119
Size:  116.7 KB

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Nice layout Rob.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Thank you all

Rob
    Last edited by Rabscallion; 04-16-2018 at 23:42.

Similar Missions

1. Damage decks
    By calm in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-04-2013, 07:23
  2. Damage decks
    By Suffern in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-01-2013, 14:52
  3. wanted: flight decks/damage decks/plane cards
    By boomerpete53 in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 20