Ares Games

Thread: WW2 Fire damage and straight cards

Default WW2 Fire damage and straight cards

Hello all,

Sorry to post this one but I've been reading through previous posts on the subject and can't quite get my slow brain around it.

In the BoB rule book it states that,

'Until all the flame counters are removed it cannot execute any straight manoeuvre. If it reveals one, it is eliminated.'

If your plane catches fire on card 1 and the pre-planned card 2 is a straight then your plane is eliminated as soon as you reveal it (i.e play it next). The fact that it was 'planned' before you caught fire is irrelevant.

I was reading some of the previous posts as 'pre-planned' don't count.

Rob
    Last edited by Rabscallion; 04-15-2018 at 02:24.

later rules revisions say to give an a damage card for every straight plotted while on fire. thats the general consensus. forced straights plotted as a result of say an immalman wouldnt add an additional card of damage. nor does the straight plotted as part of an overdive.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabscallion View Post
    Hello all,

Sorry to post this one but I've been reading through previous posts on the subject and can't quite get my slow brain around it.

In the BoB rule book it states that,

'Until all the flame counters are removed it cannot execute any straight manoeuvre. If it reveals one, it is eliminated.'

If your plane catches fire on card 1 and the pre-planned card 2 is a straight then your plane is eliminated as soon as you reveal it (i.e play it next). The fact that it was 'planned' before you caught fire is irrelevant.

I was reading some of the previous posts as 'pre-planned' don't count.

Rob
    Andrea's clear that his intent (and preference) was that if you did a straight (planned or mandatory) when on fire then your aircraft would be destroyed (as per an "illegal" move in original game) but Ares wished the straight/A card option for an illegal move which is what they went with in the rules; destruction being an optional rule.. I believe that's what they apply Rob.

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Andrea's clear that his intent (and preference) was that if you did a straight (planned or mandatory) when on fire then your aircraft would be destroyed (as per an "illegal" move in original game) but Ares wished the straight/A card option for an illegal move which is what they went with in the rules; destruction being an optional rule.. I believe that's what they apply Rob.
    That's WW1 (Rob has posted his WW2 question in the WW1 section)

The BoB rule seems a bit too harsh for me; I would allow the plane to draw a 'B' chit for a pre-planned straight, in addition to the 'A' chit for each of the six fire counters,then be destroyed by any subsequent planned straight until the fire is out.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

ello all.

on here or in the rules I was sure there was a "thou shalt not fly straight when on fire" rule. updated last night to "Standard Rules" and was explaining to my son about when on fire but couldn't find it in the Rules, either "Flying Aces" of "Rules and Accessories". Lucky enough neither of us caught fire before he shot me down (twice ) Can someone point me to the right page, please? Also what is a Bob?

Page 12, bottom of the bottom left paragraph. And BoB means Battle of Britain.

Quote Originally Posted by Future Pilot View Post
    ...…...And BoB means Battle of Britain.
    if you see an underlined word (usually three letters) hover your cursor over it, and if it is a Forum-recognised abbreviation for a game/product all will be revealed!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-01-2018, 12:38
  2. Smoke /fire damage cards number per game box ?
    By okko in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-23-2016, 15:01
  3. Fire Damage with engine damage?
    By gully_raker in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-22-2014, 01:59
  4. No straight maneuvers during the plane is on fire.
    By Marechallannes in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-13-2013, 05:19
  5. Damage cards vs. Damage chits
    By Ericdagamer in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-06-2010, 10:25