Ares Games

Thread: New Releases

Default New Releases

Does anybody know if there is going to be a new release of WW1 mins if so what are we likely to get?

There is a reprint of the Series 4 models due sometime this year https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...es-4-Reprints!.

When the Tripods & Triplanes expansion is released in the Summer there will be some new rocket-firing Nieuport 16's and a reprint of some Series 1 planes.

There is also a reprint of the Observation Balloons due sometime soon.

There have been no announcements about dates for totally new aircraft, as far as I am aware.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    Does anybody know if there is going to be a new release of WW1 mins if so what are we likely to get?
    Think David has it covered with the reprints of series 1, 4, Tripods & Balloons Alastair; series 5 reprint likely to coincide with a scenario book release at some point but there's nothing 'new' or news of series 10, however, you can join in with the wish list & speculation on a number of threads - here's the latest:
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...ghlight=series

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

I think SM79's were mentioned for the WGS folk?

SM79 will come together with Do17, Ju88, Bristol Blenheim.

That is very good, Andrea, but do you have any idea when that will be, please?

Sorry no. Within the year I guess. Prototyping and color schemes have been finalized months ago, but I have no visibility of production timing.

Did I miss the thread with the "anounced" colour schemes?

Beside this I'm very happy about the release of four medium bombers. Always thought that we get only the Do and the SM.
    Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Really, no dates or order of upcoming releases from Ares yet? Front page "Upcoming Releases" still list June 2017!

Come on Ares, announce somethhing! Put the screws on, Andrea, with their big KS going through, they should have they have the cash to order production, just need to give us some dates!

My understanding is that no matter what Ares wants to do, it is at the mercy of the Chinese factories that put out models. Ares works with such (relatively) small runs, they continuously get bumped by bigger, higher profit runs. So, in order not to disappoint hobbyists with release dates that continously get pushed back through no fault of Ares, they have stopped announcing "tentative" release dates.

I suspect for all future releases, Ares will only announce a release date when they have product in hand, and can control, at least, the shipping to some degree. Even then, I suspect they might hold off on announcing release dates until warehouses have the games and product in stock, in case they run into longshoremen strikes like a few years ago, and their product sat on the docks in California for a month.

Sucks to have no reliability, anywhere, doesn't it?
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Totaly agree with you. Though the bombers do sound nice, and will save me time making painting the models I have got. So I for one am willing to wait!.............

What...no Betty?
    See you on the Dark Side......

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    What...no Betty?
    Last heard of she was running a tea shop in Harrogate or some such place.
    Kyte.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Waiting for ARES to release certain planes I went to main source AIM. Now I have 4 Sm-79's and 3 Betty's along with other Italian and Japanese bombers.

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    What...no Betty?
    What ? No Betty ?! Nahh...
    Name:  Frank+Spencer.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  12.0 KB

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

I told you where she was Dave.

Name:  bettys-harrogate-main.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  150.1 KB

Kyte.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Similar Missions

1. New Releases
    By Doug in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-10-2017, 07:10
  2. Where are we at with WGF releases?
    By afilter in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-10-2016, 16:57
  3. New WOG Releases
    By armstrongjohn1 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 1