Ares Games

Thread: Memphis Belle

Thumbs up

Good that the "Belle" will be available for all to see again.

I am experiencing a problem when I try to look at your second article, Bob. When I click on the link, I receive a " 440 Login Timeout " error message.

So so so excited!!!! One of my all time favorite planes!
    “Flying is hours and hours of boredom sprinkled with a few seconds of sheer terror!” Gregory “Pappy” Boyington, USMC”

Great news! Thank you for sharing.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Those of you on Facebook might consider 'liking' the Museum of the US Air Force's page (if you don't already) - it has been showing updates to the Belle's restoration, along with a bunch of photos of the plane being moved from the restoration hangar into the museum. And I'm sure there will be lots more as they hype the mid-May grand reveal festivities.

Those of us in the Dayton area are truly blessed to have this awesome museum in our 'back yard'...

All the best,
    Matt

Matt, good idea! Could you kindly post a link so I can follow it. Thank you my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by matt56 View Post
    Those of you on Facebook might consider 'liking' the Museum of the US Air Force's page (if you don't already) - it has been showing updates to the Belle's restoration, along with a bunch of photos of the plane being moved from the restoration hangar into the museum. And I'm sure there will be lots more as they hype the mid-May grand reveal festivities.

Those of us in the Dayton area are truly blessed to have this awesome museum in our 'back yard'...

All the best,
    Matt
    “Flying is hours and hours of boredom sprinkled with a few seconds of sheer terror!” Gregory “Pappy” Boyington, USMC”

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

The US Air Force Museum can be found at www.nationalmuseum.af.mil/ - they have a link in the upper right-hand corner to the Memphis Belle and its related activities. I would imagine you can also find some sort of slide show of its restoration - they've been posting pics of that to their FB page for quite a while now...

All the best,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    I am experiencing a problem when I try to look at your second article, Bob. When I click on the link, I receive a " 440 Login Timeout " error message.
    Me too.

Bob, Matt: thank you both. This is one of my alllllll time favorite aircraft. You both made my day! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by matt56 View Post

All the best,
    Matt

those of us in ohio are truly lucky to have such a wonderful resource.

Similar Missions

1. Memphis Belle does Poland!
    By Nightbomber in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-06-2014, 14:04
  2. Memphis Belle
    By clipper1801 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-28-2014, 16:38
  3. Memphis Belle
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 09-09-2013, 15:52
  4. Brave Knights Of The Air Defend La Belle France!
    By Wolfbiter in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-06-2010, 07:15