Ares Games

Thread: Where can we get spare pegs?

Default Where can we get spare pegs?

Friends,

Where in the world can I purchase spare pegs? I can’t find them anywhere! Help!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DF9AF32F-BBBC-42F3-ACAB-1758DF9C313C.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	123.9 KB 
ID:	243243

-Chuck
    “Flying is hours and hours of boredom sprinkled with a few seconds of sheer terror!” Gregory “Pappy” Boyington, USMC”

I've found them in the States, they are Blue, not that that matters. Can normally be found on ebay. Unfortunately the postage to UK tends to kill it for us over the pond.

I bought 2 packs (100) a few years back. I just looked around at the planes I have sitting here and have 160. Then looked at my list of planes and have about 400. So now I think since the pegs that come with the NEXUS/ARES planes are all the same and I don't use all the planes at one time why do I need to buy more pegs. Just use the ones you have.

Thanks Reg, I’ll check Ebay but I haven’t found them on there yet. :-(

And Bob, I am creating tons of custom planes and none of them have bases or pegs, you see. So I don’t have enough and need more pegs.

So I’m hoping someone here can help me.
    Last edited by ArkansasChuck; 03-14-2018 at 18:01. Reason: Spelling
    “Flying is hours and hours of boredom sprinkled with a few seconds of sheer terror!” Gregory “Pappy” Boyington, USMC”

The non-Ares blue and white pegs were produced by Battle Tree Designs http://www.battletree.com/index.html but their online shop is not active at the moment and they have none for sale on eBay, so possibly they have ceased trading.

Name:	s-l1000.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	131.9 KB 
ID:	243245

All I can suggest is that you keep searching the internet and any model or toy stores you come across.

How many do you need, Chuck?

I'm sure I could "chuck" some your way..................
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

This are the ones I have but didn't see them when I looked for them online. Thanks for posting the link.

Chuck depending on how you mount your planes LITKO makes bases and flight rods. For my AIM planes I glue a ball bearing to the screw and a magnet on top of the LITKO rod. Then I glue the LITKO rod in one flight peg. Here is a picture of what it looks like. You can vary the height as you wish.

Name:	DCP_6936.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	167.0 KB 
ID:	243303

Bob, do the Litko rods fit the Ares or Aerodrome stands?

Battletree is here in Portland.
    I get emails from the fellow who made them occasionally, but I also noticed that their web store is not active.
    I will send a message and see if they still make them.

No they don't. Here is what I do so they can be used in the ARES bases.

Name:	DCP_6926.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	121.1 KB 
ID:	243313

I drill out the peg (ARES) to accept the LITKO peg then it fits the ARES/DROME base. I use a 1/8th bit in a pin vise and that makes the peg able to accept the LITKO peg.

Attachment 243316

This is an AIM Br 20. I cut a LITKO peg to the length I want, attach a ARES flight peg to the LITKO peg and then glue that into the hole in the model after I take out the screw. Its like having the peg that are in the ARES planes but you can adjust the height.

Thanks Bob, but the pic didn’t make it!

Thank you Pete!!!. Yes I’m gonna need to find some for sale probably. So far I’m coming up empty!

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    Battletree is here in Portland.
    I get emails from the fellow who made them occasionally, but I also noticed that their web store is not active.
    I will send a message and see if they still make them.

Chuck, I have 2 bags of 50 each set aside for you.

I'll post them out when I can get to a Post Office during opening hours.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

I wonder how hard it would be to print 50 of these? They wouldn't be clear though

Quote Originally Posted by Ken at Sunrise View Post
    I wonder how hard it would be to print 50 of these? They wouldn't be clear though
    A nice “sky” blue maybe? Do you have the scanner as well as the printer Ken?

No, but I thought the measurements would be simple. But alas... my printer is down right now. I can't print anything.

Tim I can’t thank you enough my friend. It’s very very helpful and you are AWESOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Chuck, I have 2 bags of 50 each set aside for you.

I'll post them out when I can get to a Post Office during opening hours.

That’s great, Tim.
    Very generous of you.

I did not get a response from Battletree.

Similar Missions

1. Spare bases in the UK?
    By 'Warspite' in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-06-2016, 17:09
  2. Bomber pegs vs. flight pegs
    By matt56 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-11-2015, 21:59
  3. WGF: Anyone got a spare RAP rulebook?
    By NeilCFord in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-03-2015, 10:32
  4. Altitude Pegs / Flight Pegs ?
    By Maverick in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-17-2015, 15:34
  5. WGF Spare Rumpler?
    By David Manley in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-03-2014, 13:08