Ares Games

Thread: Wings of Glory WW1 & WW2 at Briscon Apr 28-29, 2018

Default Wings of Glory WW1 & WW2 at Briscon Apr 28-29, 2018

Hello Australian pilots,

Be advised that Wings of Glory WW1 and WW2 participation games will be running at Briscon on Saturday 28 April and Sunday 29 April 2018. Briscon is Brisbane's premier tabletop gaming convention being held again this year at the Brisbane Table Tennis Centre, Green Terrace, Windsor. Entry for participation games is FREE. Website here - http://www.briscon.com.au/home.html.

On Saturday WGF games will be on offer commemorating 100 years since the end of WW1. Games will be Late War, including an April 1918 mission featuring a Red Triplane as well as Sopwith Snipes up against Fokker D.VIIs and Fokker D.VIIIs.

On Sunday the action will move to WW2, with Battle of Britain missions based on historical engagements on 15 September 1940, now known as 'Battle of Britain Day'.

In addition to the game table Wings of Glory product will be available for purchase from Paul at the Emperor's Legions stall.

Here is the link to last year's Briscon post - https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...-30-April-2017

I look forward to catching up with the old hands and welcoming new players to the event.

Regards,

Carl.

Hope it will be a huge success Carl!

When will we see you back at the Front for our Bitter End Solo Campaign? Probably not until after the Commonwealth Games I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Hope it will be a huge success Carl!

When will we see you back at the Front for our Bitter End Solo Campaign? Probably not until after the Commonwealth Games I guess.
    I will be actually working down on the Gold Coast for Commonwealth Games for three weeks from the end of March when I will not have access to gaming supplies. I will be back home by the third week of April, but then the following weekend is the Caboolture air show and the weekend after that is Briscon. Plenty to keep me occupied!

In the meantime I am still running the Saturday WW2 Polish Air Force campaign games at Ace Comics Annerley, with a backlog of six missions to report. I am starting on those tonight and once I have caught up I will try and find time to chip away at OTT.

Another shout-out to Brisbane and SEQ members - Briscon 2018 is running this weekend at the Windsor Table Tennis Stadium, same location as last year.

The event will run 9am-5pm both Saturday and Sunday - www.briscon.com.au/

At the Wings of Glory table Saturday will see WGF missions reflecting the Red Baron's last flights to commemorate the 100th anniversary of his death last weekend.

On Sunday the action will advance 22 years to 1940 as the RAF and Luftwaffe clash in the skies over England during the Battle of Britain.

Bring your own miniatures, use those supplied at the table, or buy some new aircraft from the Emperors Legions stall at the convention.

See you there

Best wishes for a well attended weekend Carl.

Briscon 2018 had a pretty good roll up last weekend, with the Wings of Glory table well attended. Unfortunately due to a staff shortage I was also rostered to work night shifts before, during and after Briscon, hence the delay in reporting the action. I don't recommend working eight hours, followed by ten hours of gaming with only three hours of sleep!

Name:  IMG_3413.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  195.5 KB

Table set up on the Friday, calm before the storm....

Name:  IMG_3440.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  148.7 KB

Briscon in full swing!

Table after action reports coming soon.

I do like your fourmat Carl.
    Very colourful as well.

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    I do like your fourmat Carl.
    Very colourful as well.

Rob.
    "Four-mat" hehe I see what you did there

Did you get the Colourful bit?

Name:  IMG_3413.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  77.7 KB

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Glad you were here to flag that up, WingCo!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

I took some shots of other tables at Briscon at rare moments of downtime.

Name:  IMG_3428.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  257.2 KB

The Doctor Who skirmish game looked great on the table.

Name:  IMG_3430.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  241.2 KB

Daleks on one side .....

Name:  IMG_3429.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  223.9 KB

..... Cybermen on the other.

Name:  IMG_3432.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  205.4 KB

Warhammer 40K was pretty popular.

Name:  IMG_3431.jpg
Size:  215.9 KB

Flames of War as well.

Name:  IMG_3433.jpg
Size:  219.5 KB

Blood Red Skies got a run, but only one participation game with plain plastic miniatures straight out of the box.

Very nice Carl, thanks for the recce shots !

"He is wise who watches"

Thumbs up

Thanks for all the Pics Carl.
    Will look forward to the AAR's.

Briscon also had a pretty good 'buy, swap, sell' area. I walked out with two items - an official RAAF Ensign flown at Air Force establishments and a copy of the WW2 nightfighter vs bomber game 'Duel in the Dark'. The former will decorate my gaming area and make appearances at Conventions when I run Australian missions and campaigns and the other may serve as a 'strategic layer' for Wings of Glory night fighting engagements.

Name:  IMG_3509.jpg
Size:  169.6 KB

The 'Tanks' game was kindly given to me by the folks at the Aetherworks stand, Paul and Lorena. I used to game with both of them back in the early 1990's but haven't seen them in 20 years. It was nice to catch up.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    Briscon also had a pretty good 'buy, swap, sell' area. I walked out with two items - an official RAAF Ensign flown at Air Force establishments and a copy of the WW2 nightfighter vs bomber game 'Duel in the Dark'. The former will decorate my gaming area and make appearances at Conventions when I run Australian missions and campaigns and the other may serve as a 'strategic layer' for Wings of Glory night fighting engagements.

Name:  IMG_3509.jpg
Size:  169.6 KB

The 'Tanks' game was kindly given to me by the folks at the Aetherworks stand, Paul and Lorena. I used to game with both of them back in the early 1990's but haven't seen them in 20 years. It was nice to catch up.
    Nice "catches" there Carl! Well Done.

I have yet to play Duel in the Dark but I am looking forward to getting a game going. It is designed for two players or can be run solitaire.

Similar Missions

1. Wings of Glory WW2 at Cancon 2018
    By Carl_Brisgamer in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-22-2018, 06:22
  2. National: CAPORETTO 1917 - campagna per Wings of Glory 14 gennaio 2018
    By wolfgiova in forum Italian Wing
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 01-16-2018, 15:46
  3. British Columbia: TsukinoCon - Febuary 2018 - Call for Wings of Glory Hosts
    By OldGuy59 in forum Canadian Wing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-28-2017, 11:44
  4. Queensland Wings of Glory WW1 & WW2 participation games at Briscon 28-30 April 2017
    By Carl_Brisgamer in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 05-24-2017, 22:53
  5. National: Wings of Glory a Napoli - Wings of Glory in Neaples
    By Angiolillo in forum Italian Wing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-06-2016, 02:02