Ares Games

Thread: Solo play questions

MIkol

Default Solo play questions

Morning All,

I have a couple quick questions about Solo play.
    I am using the D8 AI Solo Charts for my AI planes.
    WW1 if that matters.

Questions:
    Which plane do I place the template around? My plane or the AI plane?

Does this change when I have more than 1 AI plane?

When figuring out Closing or Opening, Is this always about my plane? Me opening/closing the AI plane?

Thanks in advance
    Mikol

Quote Originally Posted by MIkol View Post
    Morning All,

I have a couple quick questions about Solo play.
    I am using the D8 AI Solo Charts for my AI planes.
    WW1 if that matters.

Questions:
    Which plane do I place the template around? My plane or the AI plane?

Does this change when I have more than 1 AI plane?

When figuring out Closing or Opening, Is this always about my plane? Me opening/closing the AI plane?

Thanks in advance
    Mikol
    The template always goes on the AI plane. With multiple AI planes you have to do this for each one individually to help choose it's maneuver cards.
    Opening and closing refers to the direction of the target of the AI plane. This could be you or another AI plane.

I sometimes play teamed up with my wife against an AI team. This can be lots of fun.

The charts will work best when used predictively Mike ie if it looks like the target plane will be in the next zone on the first card of its next manoeuvre then plot for that eg if it's flying left to right across your nose in the 12/1 zone and looks like it will be in the 2/3 zone on its first card next turn then 2/3 is the plot to pick for your AI. If you're head to head and the target will pass by & be in AI's 6/7 then plot that, moving away.
    For moving away/closing it usually relates to the target relative to the AI - if it's difficult to say which it is doing then select the cards that would be the best outcome for the AI.
    It some circumstances it can also relate to the AI's action rather than the target ie if you're AI is flying a Spad XIII and is romping up behind a much slower moving machine then I'd deem that as closing and your Spad might stall and maybe keep the slower machine in front of it.
    At the end of the day the charts are an aide to give you manoeuvres for 'un-piloted' models and sometimes you will have to put the I in AI and make the best decision for that machine - good luck with it and have fun with the charts !

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

I highly recommend the app and the combined movement cards for solo play. They make it go 10x faster. Also makes it much easier when you have to modify the AI movement a wee bit.

Similar Missions

1. Solo play app?
    By Popsical in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-21-2018, 12:33
  2. Solo Rules Questions
    By 7eat51 in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-06-2015, 11:23
  3. Solo play
    By Ducky in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 13