Ares Games

Thread: Toys for Tots fundraiser

Default Toys for Tots fundraiser

pflanzer (Tony) is auctioning off a $25 gift certificate to Aerodrome Accessories as a fundraiser for Toys for Tots. He won the gift certificate for donating the most soda can tabs in the Chemo for Prizes contest.

If you would like to help make a child's Christmas all the more merrier, please place a bid for the gift certificate. The winning bidder can Paypal me the amount and I will match it and then use the total to donate to my local Toys for Tots!

Come on guys lets show the future Wings of War players that we care!

Place your bids in this thread.

Default So as to avoid confusion...

I thought I remembered seeing at least one bid for $30 by someone in one of the other threads on this subject... so what is the current bid at?
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

I opened the bidding at $25.00 (no bargains for charity) Then Ed2 bid $30.00. That is where it stands for now. Thank you Keith for starting this post perhaps it will generate some interest. Also for the kind gesture of matching the wining bid. Its for a great charity.
    HoHoHo
    Tony

I bid $35! Come on people... I dare you to out-bid me!!!!

I triple-dog dare you!!!!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

I can't believe you went straight for the Triple Dog Dare!!

Ok then, I bid: $40!

8-)

Just because it is the season of goodwill & nothing to do with the Triple Dog Dare etc I will come in at $50

Nice guys! Keep those bids coming!

I would jump all over that bid... but $50 was the max my December budget would allow for. ( I spent too much money on WoW goodies, which makes me feel selfish and shortsighted now ) That takes me out of the bidding... I could go higher if I did not have to pay it ''til January... but that is not going to help any kids get a good Christmas this year...

So come on guys... there has got to be somebody out there that has a little extra dough and is feeling philanthropic!!! Help out the kiddos! It will make ya feel awesome! More importantly it will put a smile on the face of a less fortunate child!!

Keith, with your permission, I am going to PayPal you my $35 bid. Could you please make sure that the money goes into the donation pot from the Aerodrome to Toys for Tots?

Thanks for bidding gentlemen!!! (and ladies, wherever you are hiding!)
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

I am not going to let Great Britain be outbid by our American cousins. Ł50 sterling.
    Kyte.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Talking

Kytey old boy - I am British don't you know - I just happen to live in the land of Saurkraut, schnapps and wurst. You are looking on the totally wrong continent if you think I am one of our American Cousins!!!

So you outbidding me could be classed as blue on blue! But as it is for charity mate, and I don't like to talk about it, make it Ł60

So currently the bidding is at Ł60 sterling, which translates at today's rates (12/14/2010) to a whopping $95.13!

You guys Rock! There are gonna be happy kids... happy kids indeed... keep on bidding gentlemen! (Sorry Keith and Tony, just got a little excited... not trying to take over your auction here!)
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Quote Originally Posted by Shiraz68 View Post
    Kytey old boy - I am British don't you know - I just happen to live in the land of Saurkraut, schnapps and wurst. You are looking on the totally wrong continent if you think I am one of our American Cousins!!!

So you outbidding me could be classed as blue on blue! But as it is for charity mate, and I don't like to talk about it, make it Ł60
    Sorry old bean. I did not take full notice of what the cowman was actually saying. I thought he was outbidding you.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

You guys are going to make some children very happy this Christmas. I am proud of all of you.
    HoHoHo
    Tony

We will end this 12/18/10 at midnight Pacific Standard Time. The winner should contact Keith to arraign payment. Thanks to all who participated. More thank yous later. I just wanted to post the ending time.
    HoHoHo
    Tony
    Last edited by pflanzer; 12-17-2010 at 19:07.

My donation has been sent via PayPal to the Col. I can understand that the bidding got high quick and that Adie may have this thing in the bag... but surely there are a few more pilots out there who might want to kick in a little extra to add to the pot for the Kids!!

I know, I know... don't call you Shirley...

Tony I think it is really cool that you donated your prize to raise money for a good cause! The world would be a much better place were there more chaps like you!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Well done gentleman! Here are the donations that I received (in US funds):

The Cowman: $35
    Flying Officer Kyte: $76
    Shiraz68: $90
    Col. Hajj: $90

Total to donate: $291!!!

Once I have the Medals system back up, you guys (and Tony) will be getting a special gong to show off!

Hey Tony!

I was just curious, how did your Toys for Tots event end up going over??? Back when I was able to work, I used to MC an after-party for A Toys for Tots biker run every year... it was an absolute blast... and a hit as well!
    Last edited by The Cowman; 01-29-2011 at 15:26.
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Ken,
    See the above post for the aerodrome total. At work we came close to $700.00.
    Thanks for your help and donation. I am sure we made some young folks a little happier on Christmas.
    HoHoHo
    Tony

Cool! I knew how much we raised here, I was just curious how your event went... I am glad some little ones had a happier equipment! Thanks for the update!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Similar Missions

1. F-Toys Albatros
    By Coog in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-21-2010, 11:33
  2. F-Toys miniatures...
    By bsmith13 in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-09-2010, 18:57
  3. F Toys and other non-Wings of War planes
    By kaufschtick in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War
    Replies: 51