Ares Games

Thread: First fight for one 'hun' and the last for another ! Brief AAR

Default First fight for one 'hun' and the last for another ! Brief AAR

Managed to tempt my daughter into playing her first game of Wings of Glory - a simple one-to-one game Spad XIII v Albatros D.III, with her flying the Spad.

Started head-to-head and the first pass was brutal to say the least 9 points of damage on my D.III (with smoke just to add the icing !)

Fortunately for my 'swiss cheese' a swirling dogfight then developed with several chances to get in quick bursts and, although most of my shots seem to go wide, the damage was slowly mounting.

Unfortunately we then had another head to head which saw me take another 5 points and my D.III was last seen plummeting earthwards, on fire to boot. There will be an empty seat at the local jasta! The Spad, meanwhile, was able to limp home with a very happy pilot and, no doubt, a great tale to regale in the mess!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180214_162628.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	128.6 KB 
ID:	240970

So, a great, fun game with had by both and hopefully we'll have an opportunity to take to the air again soon (and, next time, I will try and make more of an effort with the terrain !)

Wives and children (especially your own) will get you just about every time! Always a good time though and they will want to fly again.

Another deadly female ace is born !

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Nicely done, quick and dirty. It looks to me like you were flying over a heavily wooded area. Don't worry about terrain to much the fun is in the Game, play anywhere, anytime you can.
    Some of my AARs have been called bedtime stories.

Nice try, Andrew, but against wives and children I recommend double-teaming them, or, better still, a multiple pile-on to even the odds!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Thumbs up

Well done Andrew for "blooding" another young Ace in the Making!

Quote Originally Posted by cepensarum View Post
    Managed to tempt my daughter into playing her first game of Wings of Glory - a simple one-to-one game Spad XIII v Albatros D.III, with her flying the Spad.
    My daughter was visiting one night recently when our group was playing WoG at my place. She met my friends, and then I explained to her the game we were playing and showed her what to do. Before long she was doing not just watching! She came out of the game alright, so my wife suggested the others were being kind to her! I doubt it.

Similar Missions

1. Has anyone tried to re fight this?
    By Dowters in forum WGS: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-07-2015, 22:56
  2. General How did they fight their war?
    By Baxter in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-03-2014, 22:30
  3. Bar Fight!
    By Tommy Z in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-12-2014, 09:42
  4. We'll fight for it . . .
    By Goering Ace in forum WGF: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-28-2010, 06:34