Ares Games

Thread: Fe2B question

Default Fe2B question

Looking at the stats for the Fe2B it says to use the Roland Rule in reverse (360 firing) - the only card I have managed to find and download has the same instruction in the accompanying text but the actual card seems to show a restricted rear arc (like a reversed arc for a fixed gun scout).
    Given the precarious position the observer had to adopt to use the rear facing gun (standing on the cockpit rim) may I ask why the official stats give the 360 arc - would the observer actually have been able to fire into the rear left or right quarters as this would presumably have involved them keeping their feet on the cockpit rim whilst leaning their body out to the left or right with only the gun to give any support and the slipstream trying to blow them off ?
    Having come to WoG via Biggles I really want to get my 'Fee' into the air but just wondered about the reasoning behind the 360 arc so would be grateful for any insight !

I'll work on it.
    Remember, the Unofficial Stats are a work in progress. As new aircraft come out, we can find closer maneuver decks of even new rules.

The FE2b should have arcs like this French bomber.

Ticklish problem the FE2 arcs Andrew - there are no 'official' rules as it's not an 'official' model so you can pretty much do as you please.
    The reverse Roland rule is as good a place as any to start: so, when enemy aircraft are at the same level instead of the 'no shoot blind spot' being to the front as it is on the Roland CII to clear its prop, the 'no shoot blind spot' is to the rear to clear the FE's tail.
    When enemy aircraft are above your aircraft's level then you have a 360 arc of fire with the Roland's rear gun - This 'rule' for the FE is suggesting the FE has the same arc of fire, though probably split between the two guns. As an 'unofficial' aircraft you will be able to sort rules for how this is used by the crew.
    There have been discussions on the subject before - here are a couple of them:
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...g-and-manouver
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...se-Roland-rule
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...e-FE2b-and-DH2
    There are also links or suggested cards within those threads. the first is probably best see post #106, there may be a surprise for you.
    Last edited by flash; 02-14-2018 at 04:58.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Similar Missions

1. Fe2b shootingarcs
    By LOOP in forum WGF: House Rules
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-19-2016, 04:29
  2. General Can an FE2b Immelman?
    By Zoe Brain in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-04-2014, 00:33
  3. WSF FE2b 18 sq
    By Womble in forum Shapeways Models