Ares Games

Thread: Rumours re Osprey WW1 Titles.

Question Rumours re Osprey WW1 Titles.

G'day Folks!
    Over on the Aerodrome Historical Forum there are rumbles that Osprey may no longer be publishing any WW1 titles.
    Has anyone here heard anything about this.?

Searching Amazon by publication date usually brings up what Osprey plan to publish a year or so ahead better than the Osprey site itself. The only WW1 title listed between now and January 2019 is Zeppelins vs British Home Defence, due out in March this year. Perhaps they have just run out of subjects that will sell?
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

There are still several WWI titles I need to get, but I must say that this 'series' is really lovely - it would be a shame if they truly 'run out of subjects' for books...

Thanks for the news - I shall have to 'hurry' and complete my collection before they're gone for good...

All the best,
    Matt

This would be a shame if they are done with WWI in the air. I would think there are many planes, battles and campaigns they could cover. Is it that WWI is not the best seller?

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

I would think there are more 'plane vs.plane' titles they could do, along with various 'unit' surveys...unless perhaps the standard authors are tiring of writing and researching material. I would be surprised to learn that WWI is not a good seller for the publishing house.

Here's hoping!

All the best,
    Matt

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Searching Amazon by publication date usually brings up what Osprey plan to publish a year or so ahead better than the Osprey site itself. The only WW1 title listed between now and January 2019 is Zeppelins vs British Home Defence, due out in March this year. Perhaps they have just run out of subjects that will sell?
    Yes Steve that is the last one for at least the forseeable future.
    Greg VanWyngarden confirmed this over on the Aerodrome Historical Forum this morning.
    Osprey's stance is that due to the plethora of WW1 bios, Histories & Centennial titles coming out they felt their market would be extremely diluted.

We can only hope they change after the end of 2018.
    Greg said he has a title ready for publication but they have turned it down at present. Bugger!

I still have 40% of my WW1 Wishlist to get.

Guess I had better check the site again.
    I got a good deal last year with free shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Yes Steve that is the last one for at least the forseeable future.
    Greg VanWyngarden confirmed this over on the Aerodrome Historical Forum this morning.
    Osprey's stance is that due to the plethora of WW1 bios, Histories & Centennial titles coming out they felt their market would be extremely diluted.

We can only hope they change after the end of 2018.
    Greg said he has a title ready for publication but they have turned it down at present. Bugger!
    Interesting stance. Given the multitude of Battle of Britain titles available l’m therefore surprised Osprey thought an Air Campaign book on the subject would sell. Using their logic I suppose they won’t publish any WW2 material after the centenary of that war, not that I’ll be around to worry.....
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Oh boy. Going to have to double the effort to fill out all the missing volumes.

Just added 11 titles from my Wishlist to "ordered"

Most of that list is now WWII

I wonder if they are going to publish titles on the Tripods vs Triplanes

Similar Missions

1. Which is your go to Osprey?
    By Niclas in forum Polls
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-06-2014, 15:00
  2. Osprey Aces
    By skyking20 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-22-2014, 12:17