Ares Games

Thread: Coming back in.

Default Coming back in.

At my house we have only a few players. So we have made a rule that, when you are shot down, you can come back in the game after two turns. BUT in a different airplane.
    happy flying y'all

Do you use a turn limit then to determine when the game ends? Or by planes shot down?

We usually end the game when everybody has been shot down and there is one person left. (That's when we do everybody against everybody) Or when all the people on one side have been shot down.

When I run convention games I do the same. Players shot down will get a new plane but usually a different one. The smaller cons have 4 hour time slots so I like to make the game last. When I can call the shots and have the game the length of time I want I go 2-3 hours. I still have players stay in the game though. Would not be a good experience to get shot down in a couple of turns and then be out for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Would not be a good experience to get shot down in a couple of turns and then be out for good.
    Exactly what happened to me in the Ares game at Origins last year Lucky for me there was a booby prize for the first one shot down.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
    Exactly what happened to me in the Ares game at Origins last year Lucky for me there was a booby prize for the first one shot down.
    If I had known there was a prize for first shot down you would have had some competition for it!

We play a campaign system and if you get shot down early in the game you can roll a die to see on which side you will come back on. This creates the possibility for some un-even and interesting battles. You also have to roll to see what side of the board you come on. Players will have to wait one full turn before returning. If the battle looks to be better than half done the player has the option of just sitting it out for the next game. We run this way at our local bi-monthly games and also at any game days or Cons.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post

i know how you feel! i got the one for first shootdown in the record breaking event. in fact, the 1st couple days were pretty rough for me lol!

in our friendly game night games we respawn at the begining of the next plot to keep the action going unless its getting late or were wanting to start another scenario or something.

Similar Missions

1. LOOK OUT HE's COMING!!
    By Maverick in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-19-2017, 15:10
  2. Coming soon at a BBC near you....
    By AlgyLacey in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-21-2013, 14:48
  3. I'm coming over!
    By steel_ratt in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 29