Ares Games

Thread: New WW2 Player in BC

Default New WW2 Player in BC

After wanting to get into the game for a bit and trying x-wing to see how I liked the system I finally picked up a BOB set and a bunch of extra planes.

Still hunting for a bomber but I'm excited to get playing the game! love the models

Hi Brennan nice to see you on the forum. Enjoy your games.

Welcome to the 'Drome' Brennan from West yorkshire in the good old UK.
    Fly safe and always watch your six!

Greetings from Sunny Florida.

welcome to the drome Brennan !!!! which bomber are you looking for?

Welcome to the Aerodrome Brennan. BoB bombers are in the works but not going to be out that soon sadly. There are some He 111s out there but getting rare.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Brennan, from here near Norwich in the United Kingdom. Please feel free to ask questions about the game. You will find the members here are very friendly and helpful.

Welcome, Brennan, from an ex-pat (Vancouver area) who now resides in Portland, Oregon.

Welcome to the Forum, Brennan.

I'm over on Vancouver Island, but there are a bunch of players in the Lower Mainland, too. Several of them meet at BottosCon in November, if you haven't gotten their attention before then. I have been known to make appearances there, occassionally.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    welcome to the drome Brennan !!!! which bomber are you looking for?
    right now the heinkel he 111 is the one I'm looking for most because the BoB set has some scenarios for it.

On behalf of the rest of the Squadrons based heree in Dear old Blighty welcome to the Drome Brennan.
    Which part of BC are you in. My sister in law is on the Island.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Welcome to the 'Drome, Brennan, from Middlesex across the pond.

If you see an HE-111 grab it; don't think, don't mull it over, grab it! They are super-rare beasts now.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Amish_rabbi View Post
    right now the heinkel he 111 is the one I'm looking for most because the BoB set has some scenarios for it.
    You may have to get a winter came He111 and repaint it as they are seen more than the all green version.
    If you paint your own planes there is always AIM. (Armaments In Miniature) The near future release of BoB bombers will not have the He111 as far as we know.

Just spotted one (winter camo) on ebay 'HERE'.

Still hunting for a bomber but I'm excited to get playing the game! love the models
    I'd seriously consider waiting for the next release of bombers.

There won't be an He.111, but both the Do.17 and the Ju.88 were BoB participants, and if Ares is doing these bombers for BoB, they will be the correct versions and units.

And the prices shouldn't be outrageous, either.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

(welcoming head bobs) fromt he lizard her ein the lower 48.

Just bought 5 HE 111 H-5 from Rival Sky in Australia. They had quite a few in stock 2 weeks ago. I'm intending to repaint them as H-3's.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    You may have to get a winter came He111 and repaint it as they are seen more than the all green version.
    If you paint your own planes there is always AIM. (Armaments In Miniature) The near future release of BoB bombers will not have the He111 as far as we know.
    Yea I'm not a painter (part of the reason I picked wings of glory instead of others) so I will live with winter camo if I can find it.

as Mike suggested I'll probably just keep my eyes out for a He111 and buy the new ones whenever they are released; not super interested in paying marked up prices right now honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    On behalf of the rest of the Squadrons based heree in Dear old Blighty welcome to the Drome Brennan.
    Which part of BC are you in. My sister in law is on the Island.
    Rob.
    I'm east of Vancouver in Abbotsford

Welcome to the fun! Spent a few delightful days years ago as a kid in Abbotsford attending a yearly airshow . . . . enjoy the game and fellowship!

I'm east of Vancouver in Abbotsford
    I'll have a look at my map then Brennan.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Welcome from Devon UK Brennan. Enjoy - You never know, we may even meet sometime as I have a son living and working in Vancouver

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Brennan.
    Half the fun is trying to find planes and not over pay. ENJOY!!!

Found a few he 111 for a good price! Almost all winter but I'll have to live with itName:  image.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  191.2 KB

Welcome To the 'Drome' Brennan from West Yorkshire in the good old UK.
    Fly safe and always watch your six!

Bienvenue from rainy Brittany Brennan

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

Similar Missions

1. New York New Player
    By redbaron823 in forum US Wing
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-25-2017, 16:47
  2. New player
    By tinfish in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 26