Default Dogfight over Fromelles

Hello
    We begun a campaing at the club
    (google traduction
    )
    First mission
    4 players
    Land 1,20m
    You are on patrol over the Fromelles region.
    You see a bomber that is threatened by two hunters and you go to his rescue.
    Attackers at the edge of their camp, altitude3
    The bomber 3/4 ruler in front of them, altitude 2
    Defending fighters, 1 ruler and a half of the edge of their camp, altitude4
    The tandem must leave the field safe and sound by the opposite side.
    The rear gunner of the tandem is injured. Shooting only takes place on a 5+ (D6)

At the beginning of each game, the pilots launch a D20 to obtain bonuses or penalties.

First round
    At D20, Allies get 1 free (green) free + Ignore 2 damage cards, Central: Ignore damage card x2
    Manfred GEIST (allias Eric) and Pieter Von fuchs (myself), aboard their albatrosses, prepare for the killing of a DH4 when two sopwith camel arise. Philip Rapsberries (Philippe), a pilot of his majesty, wing in wing with Jo Cavalier (Dominique), a French pilot detached from the french Air Force.
    Geist and Von fuchs decide to attack De Havilland and momentarily ignore the two sopwiths.
    Geist seems to have difficulty joining the fight as I follow the Dh 4 all along the table. Despite the successive firing of the rear gunner (who was finally not that dead) Von Fuchs takes little damage. He wonders where his patrol leader has gone ..... Finally this one joins the fight at the moment when the Dh4 explodes at the edge of the table to the despair of the allies. Pursued by the two camels Von Fuchs escapes many Raspsberries shots that stings his machine guns many times (since we call him Phil the bad luck) .Geist participates in the fight. Unfortunately Jo cavalier gives Von Fuchs a few well placed shots and, revenge of the ghosts of the Dh4 his albatross catches fire and explodes as he leaves.
    RIP Von fuchs .... Meanwhile, his patrol leader, after some shooting, ...... flees to his lines and is the winner of this mission .......

Sharks pursue their prey

Here is the cavalry

Geist leaves the fight following a false maneuver

Von Fuchs finds herself alone to pursue the bomber

Geist decides to return ....

35/5000
    But too late to help Von Fuchs

After acrobatic maneuvers Von Fuchs manages to smother the smoke and pursues Raspsberries while Joe Cavalier catches fire.

Thereafter Jo will extinguish his flames and pursue Von Fuchs

The end of Von Fuchs

Geist returning to his home

2nd Round
    Same scenario but with a German bomber.
    At D20 Jo Cavalier made a critical hit: result an additional DIII albatross for the Germans. It looks bad for Camels.
    The Allies use the same tactics: to pursue the bomber at all costs in order to destroy it. Geist who masters the rolland surprises them down from an altitude. Nevertheless Cavalier and Rapsberries do not end up joining and tear down the tandem and again, this one was not far from the exit .Von fuchs (the brother ,not the one who is Dead :-)) and the DIII albatross are within six hours of sopwiths and guess what? Geist is still with strawberries ..... The Sopwtih turn around and rush to their home sweet home .Rapsberries will not be fast enough, Jo Cavalier with 3 pts of damage on his pilot, does not wait for him ..
    It's the curate on Phil Rapsberries, Geist (back) finishes it under the yells of rage of Von Fuchs who saw himself well finish the game with a victory.
    We must save the Rolland

Look who's going in the wrong direction?

The camel pursue and finish the rolland

Jo goes to the exit without asking for his rest, Phil gets stuck with the albatross

The agony of Raspberries

Thumbs up

Well played Fox!
    That looked like a lot of fun!

Very interesting action, Fox.
    Your photos, though disconcerting at first without the pegs, look terrific - almost 3D

Very nice action Fox, thanks for taking the time to share that with us - 'Phil the bad luck' certainly lived up to his name ! REP inbound.

"He is wise who watches"

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Thoroughly enjoyed both missions. Keep up the good work.

Great AARs, Fox.

A lot of work to make the pegs and bases invisible.
    Voilà le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Fox, your Mat is fantastic. Such great work. And I love the photos you post with your AARs!

Great stuff, Fox!

Enjoyed reading that!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Sorry I've only just flown in and seen this. Excellent photography, the photoshopping results are well worth while to the viewer, so hope they were to you.
    Is that a mat you are using or a photo image background? If a mat would you mind telling me which one?
    Cheers

Hello John
    It's a mat that I made ,it's light painting on canevas.

Very impressive work on the mat Fox.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I think it's jolly good, the planes stand out against very nicely in the photos.

I'm looking for a mat, and trying to decide if I should just buy one or make one, the advantage of buying is that when it arrives I can use it straight away a bit like the planes.
    If I make it then it's weeks in the queue of other things to be done

Wonderful Mat Fox! As with all the others, I love your photo retouching. What program do you use to do this?

Thanks guys,
    I'm using paintshopro but I suppose photoshop work too.
    For the mat:
    I painted the trenches in length but I had to do it in width. Most missions are played face to face on the biggest length so I have to make a new mat. Or two of them with towns and others things.

Thanks for sharing the AARs

Hi there, sorry - I have another question, the mat you made, what size did you go for and do you think it is a good size or would you use a different size next time if you were to make another?

Would Manfred GEIST (allias Eric) be the Eric who has recently been playing Palaeo Diet a Stone age hunting game?

Cheers

Hello John
    It's not the same Eric but Eric "the paléo" is in our club too.I hunted mammouth a few weeks ago
    My mat is 1,20m long and 0,90 large . It's enough for a lot of missions but the next one I 'll do them to fit the first one and make it bigger
    My actual mat is in the center
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image7.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	245044

Ok, i know it is off topic, but, hunted mammoths?

Fox - Thanks it gives me some idea of what I need to do, I think I read about your mammoth hunt on Eric's blog, it looked a good game. Give him my best when you see him, he will know me as Vagabond from LAF and my blog.
    Cheers

Joe - don't you hunt mammoths in the States? We do it all the time in Europe, well at least the nuttier element do, me being one of them

Ok John I'll tell him.
    off topic but it's for Joe
    https://chti-reanimator59.blogspot.f...ens-du-14.html
    Here in english on the lead adventure forum
    http://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=103616.0

Sadly all our mammoth in Florida were hunted to extinction.

Finally found a link in Wargames vault for the rules after reading the write up at your link. Thanks Fox, looks cool.

Similar Missions

1. How to win a dogfight
    By tikkifriend in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-01-2016, 14:28
  2. Dogfight!
    By gully_raker in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-11-2015, 03:05
  3. Dogfight
    By Willi Von Klugermann in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 16