Ares Games

Thread: Stands

daddio

Default Stands

Don't know wether this is the forum it should be in or not, but
    If I go down the route of Skytrex etc then what do you guys do about flight stands and manouvre decks?

Hi Stan, for me I use either the Col's bases and use the pegs from other aircraft you not using, or there is a company called Litko that do some stands that can be made WoW compatable. PM me and Ill give you more info on them and a little review as I have already indulged so to say.
    As for manouvre decks I am lucky enough to have been able to purchase all of the box sets & the boosters which have extra manouvre decks in them.
    Hope this helps
    Chris

You can download the Manouver decks right here on the files section, but watch out for any with House rule manouvers included.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Best choice IMO would be to grab some of the Aerodrome Accessories stands. If you want separate stands for your kits, you should be able to get plastic or brass rod of the correct width for the poles from most model shops.

The Col's stands use dials for altitude, so you don't need pegs, whereas IIRC the Litko ones come with one-piece poles and can have an attachment to mark height.

I just use small disc magnets to attach the kits to the poles, the Col's gimbal mounts should work too, if you attach the ball directly to the model (although I've never tried them with metal kits myself).

Agree with Iain, mostly, I mentioned Litko as there is a UK distribitor, they also now do a altitude wheel too, not same as the Col, which I prefer.
    Also the gimbal mounts dont work with the Skytrex two seaters, they are just too heavy.

I have to agree with Lain as well... The Aerodrome Accessories stands are the way to go! Thumbs up on the gimbal mounts as well and I also have not tried to use them with a metal mini yet (the gimbals) so am not sure about weight problems there either... but will advise once I do get my metal minis finished!

Also keep in mind that that Aerodrome Accessories purchases help support the web site... and this site is the best you are going to find for WoW info, resources, and camaraderie!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

You could go to the Chemo for prizes thread and bid for a gift certificate!!!!!
    HoHoHo
    Tony

Hi Stan - if you can print off the cards from here use a decent quality paper, I've used old info posters, printed out the front & backs, cut out & glued them together, and ended up with some robust cards to play with.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

daddio

Thanks guys, I will have a ponderwhen I have sorted through all my bits

Similar Missions

1. Delivery of Flight Stands
    By John B in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-05-2010, 08:05
  2. Observation Balloon Stands
    By Ed2 in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-02-2010, 09:18
  3. Where are the IJN Betty and Sally stands??
    By Captain Knowitall in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-22-2010, 19:08
  4. Flight stands
    By chub in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-16-2010, 16:17
  5. Litco stands
    By Charlie3 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 01-17-2010, 15:35