Ares Games

Thread: Control of the Skies

Default Control of the Skies

Well after a long time without playing, Pasadena Squadron took to the skies and got two dogfights in.
    My son Taylor and I took the German side and, Kevin and Grant took the British side.
    The only rule, we each flew one fighter and one two seater.
    The last couple of times we have flown with a two seater and really liked the ensuing action.
    The first fight was not much of a fight. On the first pass Taylor lost a plane to the A deck explosion card.
    The very next turn I drew the same explosion card!!!! We shuffled the deck when putting the lost planes damage cards back into the pile….We won’t do that again! So in two turns its four on two. We lost both our fighters in this melee. Those two seaters turn SLOW and left us flying in circles.
    It did not take long for me to lose my other plane. Taylor put up a valiant fight but went down not much later. We did not shoot any planes down! Worst game for me ever.

The second game went better. I poured a lot of lead into Grant’s two planes and Taylor finished them off. Kevin left his dogfight with Taylor to help Grant out and managed to down my last plane. At the end it was Kevin’s two seater against both Taylor’s fighter and two seater. On the last draw they both picked up the explosion card from the A deck and B deck! So Taylor wins the day for us with the only plane in the air.

I had a lot of fun even though I did not get a victory and lost all four of my planes.
    I am enjoying the WWI version more and more.
    The two seaters are fun to fly even though they maneuver badly.
    Next time we are including some balloons.
    I am updating my albums with pictures of tonight’s scrap.
    Steve

Look forward with interest to seeing those Steve. What rotten luck drawing two "bang" cards so close together. We always play with a double deck now, and never replace the cards till the end of the game.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Woohooooo! Pictures!!!! I love those pictures of folks blowing each other to smithereens!

(Wow... I am gonna have to lay off the caffeine today!)
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

We have never had a issue before of it coming up twice in a row like that. I can tell you knowing that there still in play the whole game really amps up the pressure. The second game we placed the downed cards at the bottom and the result was much more satisfying. I do like the two deck option, we may have to try that.

The pictures are up in my album.

Steve thanks for sharing the pictures.

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-27-2015, 11:11
  2. Control Cards
    By krolik in forum Polls
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 11-29-2010, 06:46
  3. Control Cards
    By krolik in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 0