Ares Games

Thread: 13 minutes

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tim
    Sorties Flown

Default 13 minutes

Apologies if this post is in the wrong place. For the life of me, I cannot find a place to ask questions about the forum itself...

I've just come back to the forum after being away for many years, so perhaps this is a well- known issue. Or maybe not even an issue at all.

Can anyone tell me why the time listed at the bottom of the page is off by 13 minutes? I could understand if it were off by an hour or some other number of hours, but off by 13 minutes? That doesn't make any sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Tallyho View Post
    Apologies if this post is in the wrong place. For the life of me, I cannot find a place to ask questions about the forum itself...

I've just come back to the forum after being away for many years, so perhaps this is a well- known issue. Or maybe not even an issue at all.

Can anyone tell me why the time listed at the bottom of the page is off by 13 minutes? I could understand if it were off by an hour or some other number of hours, but off by 13 minutes? That doesn't make any sense...
    Never noticed it before but mine's off by 17 minutes and I, like you, have no idea why!

It's a bad luck thing.

Now that you've mentioned it, it will mean that Keith [Oberst Hajj] will have to fix it.

After all he has gone through in the Fall to get the site operational, this is just another thing he'll have to deal with.

There is a politically incorrect cartoon that comes to mind, but I won't post it.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

I have noticed that the times attached to my posts were not accurate. They are 1 hour and 13 minutes in advance.

Never noticed - have we entered the Twilight Zone ? Is it 'Drome Time...? I'm sure the Boss will sort it in time !

Aha ! There we go, 13 mins in advance GMT - not sure what's happening in Norfolk David are you running BST still ?

Sapiens qui vigilat "He is wise who watches"

(pauses 13 minutes) in any case, welcome back to the drome!

I never knew the time was on the page. 13 minutes off, yep.

Well that is 13 minutes of my life I will never get back

I almost never go down to the very bottom of the page, and certainly never noticed the time/date stamp there.
    The time of a posted item in thread is correct, as far as I can tell.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Similar Missions

1. London to New York in 30 minutes.
    By Naharaht in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-29-2015, 08:10
  2. National On BBC Radio 5 in a few minutes
    By von Fustercluck in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-27-2014, 06:49
  3. 10 Minutes before Pearl Harbour Dec 7th Dec 1941
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum WGS: After Action Reports
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-02-2013, 07:23
  4. 30 Minutes over Lomonosov (Gateway to Leningrad).
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum WGS: After Action Reports
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-16-2013, 07:06
  5. 15 Minutes of extacy!
    By usmc1855 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-24-2011, 01:44