Ares Games

Thread: Blood Red Skies planes

Default Blood Red Skies planes

I have been looking at Blood Red Skies. The game is due for early release on March 31st. It uses 1/200 aircraft models. If I pre-order through Mighty Ape the starter set, I would get 6 Spits and 6 109's for $78 AUD. I could also get a P51 set , a Zero set or a Yak set contining 6 of each type for $38 each set. I am thinking that is a cheap way of getting more planes that could be used in WGS. Thoughts anyone?

There is a thread on the Forum about the game, and a few observations about the models.

It may not make any difference to you. You could see the posts here:

Blood Red Skies - Post #54 Spitfire

Blood Red Skies - Post #62 Bf-109

Nothing's perfect, not even WGS minis, so it is your choice if you go for the BRS minis. The production versions might be different from the prototype/ play test ones.

It appears to be a cheap way to get models, but it depends on your skills in painting and decalling. There are some excellent 1/200 scale decal options, including some posters on this Forum. So, how much is your time worth, and add in prep, tools, primer, paint and brushes?

IE: I thought two dollars for four planes was cheap, when looking at paper planes. After all the tools and time, the planes were about $300 @, and I did the 'painting and decalling' with the printing. I loved the results, not the time and effort.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

If you just want unpainted models for a good price then you can pick them up from places like Armaments in Miniature (AKA AIM). This way you have more variety and only as many of each airplane as you want. I think part of the value of BRS is opening the door to additional play experiences with access to the Warlord+Bolt Action community. I am not sure that the models alone will be worth it.

As Mike mentioned, there is another thread about BRS in the Officers Club that includes people closer to the project so you may want to ask if there are links to the production versions of the models before jumping in.

Similar Missions

1. Blood Red Skies
    By David Manley in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 311
    Last Post: 10-28-2018, 15:25
  2. AAR: First blood over Rabia
    By PonchoLatour in forum WGS: After Action Reports
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-10-2013, 04:52
  3. Blood in the Air
    By PunkReaper in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 17