Ares Games

Thread: Greetings from DFW Area

MIkol

Default Greetings from DFW Area

Greetings All

Just wanted to say hi!

New player from Arlington, Texas. Looking to get started with the WW1 version of the game. At the moment flying solo.

Mostly a PC gamer, but wanted to try my hand with something physical. Going to give this a try.

Looking for any player groups in the local area that would be willing to teach a rookie, as well as a local shop that has the mini's that would be great.

V/R

Mike

Welcome to the 'Drome' Mike from West Yorkshire in the good old UK. You will find no end of helpful souls abound on this forum and I'm sure your fellow Texans will be in touch with answers to your questions. Your first point of call should be the 'Aerodrome Store' which has a LINK at the top of this page.
    Fly safe and always watch your six!

Mikes will, one day, rule the world!

Just don't depend on a responsible job.

Welcome to the 'drone, Mike. Good luck on the search. I spent a while soloing, and Skyping, learning to play. Doing demos at local stores eventually built into a group big enough to start a campaign.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Welcome to the Aerodrome Mike. There is am amazing amount of game enhancement here so explore to your heart's content...and available time! I really enjoy solo gaming and there are several versions of solo AI charts to choose from.

welcome to the drome Mike!!!! the good news is tactics from flgiht sims translate well to the game. the bad news is the minis are addicting. very addicting.

Welcome to the Aerodrome!

I coordinate a Wings of Glory gaming event at Madness Games & Comics in Plano, TX (very large gaming store) every 4-6 weeks. There are also others in the North Texas Gamers Facebook page that arrange some Wings of Glory gaming events there in between. If you are interested, just send me a Private Message so we can get you connected.

Hi Mike, hope you enjoy the drome.

Greatings from FLA.

For minis try Miniature Market, The War Store, and finally Amazon and Fleabay as an almost last resort. I use Miniature Market as a price check if they are out of the minis I want before I buy from anyone else.

Thumbs up

G'day Mike & welcome to the 'drome on behalf of the pilots who fly in NSW down in Australia.

Lots of great info available here & if Solo gaming appeals if players are hard to find do check out the Over the Trenches threads & AAR's down in the WW1 section to see how solo games are played.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Mike, from here near Norwich in the United Kingdom.

Welcome from Alameda, CA!

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Glad you've found your way here to the Forum, Mike! I hope you find it as enjoyable a place to frequent as I have.

All the best,
    Matt

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Welcome to the Aerodrome Mike, from the W. Ky Aerodrome.
    As has been said Miniature Market has a lot of planes at good prices. The Aerodrome Accessory Store here on the website also carries game materials. If you want to shop eBay then you can take Miniature Market prices and start by doubling them or multiply by 10 for hard to find planes. Look in the Sell, Trade, Swap section here, you might find a deal from another player. WWI the SE5A will be the hardest to find right now.
    As far as starting with a few planes, well, we've all been there. I currently have 105 WGF and 145 WGS.
    If you are looking for ideas for solo missions until you can find a group, check out the WWI thread Over the Trenches, both the Early Doors Campaign and the Bitter End Campaign,.
    Enjoy and safe flying.

(welcoming head bobs) from the lizard.

The only thing I have to add about the advice others have given is to check your area for local or semi-local gaming conventions; you might find regular opponents from there, as well.

Welcome from California, land of mud and fire.

Congrats on getting into the hobby. You can modify a WWI RAP pack with foam trays to carry all the game accessories plus 4 planes, making it a very handy grab-and-go set that you can play anywhere.

Good luck! And welcome aboard!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Daniel
    Arizona (Otherwise known as Hell's back porch)
    Sorties Flown

welcome to the Aerodrome Mike! I live in Tucson, AZ, but if I can ever get a chance to fly out there (wife works for American Airlines so I can fly standby for free.) I'll try to bring my stuff and I'll play ya.

Welcome to the 'Drome, Mike, from across the pond.

Hope you find local opponents.

Afraid I'm a little too far away to help.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

welcome to the 'drome!

Welcome! I’m down in Houston!

Similar Missions

1. California SF BAY AREA - Any players out there?
    By Jeff Wilder in forum US Wing
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-03-2017, 20:37
  2. Nürnberg area
    By Marechallannes in forum German Wing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-25-2011, 01:32
  3. South England Anyone in the Chichester Area??
    By Cool Dad in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-13-2011, 08:30