Ares Games

Thread: The Best vs. The Best

Default The Best vs. The Best

Jasta 18 flying Foker D.VIIs tangle with Australian No. 4 squadron and their new Sopwith Snipes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3406.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	154.8 KB 
ID:	239265

Name:	IMG_3407.JPG 
Size:	128.6 KB 
ID:	239266

Name:	IMG_3408.JPG 
Size:	134.6 KB 
ID:	239267

Name:	IMG_3409.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	137.1 KB 
ID:	239268

Name:	IMG_3410.JPG 
Size:	116.6 KB 
ID:	239269

Name:	IMG_3411.JPG 
Size:	119.5 KB 
ID:	239270

Name:	IMG_3413.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	148.1 KB 
ID:	239271
    Last edited by rhodie80; 03-07-2018 at 07:50.

Lots of great photos Jim, but please learn to rotate them, my neck is killing me.

I took all these pictures and I went to post them and they were rotated. I called Matt and he informed me I should have turned the camera. If you know how to turn the pictures I would love to know how to do it.

that was a fun scenario!!!!

Looks like fun but who won ?!

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by rhodie80 View Post
    I took all these pictures and I went to post them and they were rotated. I called Matt and he informed me I should have turned the camera. If you know how to turn the pictures I would love to know how to do it.
    Strange. If the photo file on your pc is correct its puzzling why they are rotated! Lots of great pic Jim, keep them coming no matter what angle.

I've had the same problem in the past. If you have Windows 10, just open the picture in "Photos", go to "Edit & Create" and click on Edit. Then go "Crop and Rotate". Rotate the picture through 360 degrees and click "done". Finally save a copy. It will show up as the same file name with a (2) after it. Delete the original and use the new copy. It always works for me Hope that helps. I suspect the same would work whatever picture editing programme you have.

PS: This problem only occurs for me when the photo is taken in portrait orientation. With Landscape I don't experience the same difficulty. But then I'm just using the camera on my mobile phone. It may be different for you!

Cheers

Mike
    Last edited by mikeemagnus; 01-13-2018 at 11:08.

Think Dale had the same issue when using a tablet ?

"He is wise who watches"

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Yes, I had the same problem when using my tablet. The only way I found to correct the problem was to rotate my tablet 90°. I tried doing the edit and rotate stuff after the picture was taken but, they still came out wrong.
    I hadn't paid much attention to the details tag on the picture, but when I opened it and looked at orientation it always said 90°, After try several suggestions and none worked, I rotated my tablet and now everything is fine, unless I do an overhead shot looking straight down.
    What I use is a Samsung Galaxy Tab E.