Ares Games

Thread: Wisconsin Wingz

LittleNellie

Default Wisconsin Wingz

Hello All -

Got into this game via Memoir 44 -> building out the AirPack out of print accessory. Had enough planes and got the rules. My son and I enjoy war games and this one is a ton of fun. After a few battles we ordered a play mat and a bomber to change things up.

Looking forward to more battles and teaching the other playing in our house - my spouse!

Appreciate any thoughts as where to start with the WW2 stuff or a thread(s) to read!

Thanks

It's a grrr great game and even better fellowship of the wing! Getting started is fun indeed, ask any questions up front!! You need a good indoor game in the land of snow and cheese, I did a few years in the UP as well as MN - do miss the snow, though not the black flies and humidity! Welcome!

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Welcome to the Aerodrome Peter from the W. Ky Aerodrome in Paducah, Ky.

A must to get a couple of good planes would be the Battle of Britain Starter set, or Bob. You get 2 Spitfires and 2 ME109 in the deluxe set. Then just look around and see what you can find.
    If you can get the Squadron Packs for the Hawker Hurricane, Spitfire, ME109, and the Stuka buy them. You will have to decal them, but you will increase your plane count. You will need the Stukas for your bombing missions until you can find the larger bombers.
    Beware of EBay. You can find some deals there, but people put exotic prices on the rarer and hard to find planes.
    The Aerodrome Accessory Store here carries planes and accessories and Keith is pretty quick on shipping.
    Miniature Market out of St. Louis, Mo is where I have purchased a lot of my stuff.
    If you can't find the plane you want AIM, Armaments in Miniature, sell planes that you can paint up the way you want and even can direct to the proper squadron decals.

As far as scenarios or missions go look in the WWII section under Missions, After Action Reports, Campaign Discussion. You should be able find anything you want on this site.
    Ask for specific information and someone will more than likely point you in the right direction or share a link with you.
    I know you said WWII, we currently have a campaign going in WWI under the heading the Bitter End Campaign if you would like to drop in and see what is going on there. A lot of us have planes for both wars.
    Drop into the Officers Club and say Hi and have a few drinks with the guys.

Once again welcome to the Aerodrome.

Welcome from Florida. I’m a relative newbie here myself but I can tell you this is by far the most helpful and nicest game forum I’ve been on.

Check out the files section when you get a chance. You’d be surprised what these guys have put together for WoG.

Enjoy the run.

Welcome from Maine. Good to see you joining the ranks at the front. As said above, check out the scenarios and better yet campaigns, thats where the fun is amplified.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Peter, from here near Norwich in the United Kingdom. In addition to what Dale wrote, may I suggestthat you have a look in the Files section on this website by clicking on the link at the top of this page. There are many interesting things in the Files.

welcome to the drome Peter!!!! i cant add much to what the others have said, other than to say id recommend starting out with the small maneuver deck ww2 planes 1st. with the reaction delay its all to easy to fly off the map or nearly so with the larger deck high performance aircraft!!!

Welcome from south of the (Wisconsin) border. This game is highly addictive and will make your CCD (compulsive collecting disorder) much worse.
    Where abouts in Frozen Wisconsin are you? I get up there regularly, and i know many other addicts there.

Cinncinatus

Welcome from the Madison area! I've started playing more seriously over the last year with a few excellent and inspiring pilots and flew my first bombing mission last week. Which time period are y'all playing most?

And welcome also to yourself Reid.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Glad you've found your way here, Peter! Welcome from SW Ohio, where we have a rather active group of targets...err...pilots

This is a great place to find wonderful folks and wonderful information of all sorts - enjoy yourself

All the best,
    Matt

Hi and welcome from CT! Lots of knowledgeable folks here to help with questions and advice.

Welcome to the Aerodrome to you too, Reid.

Welcome to the 'Drome, Peter, and to you too, Reid!

Hope you manage to get loads of games in.

Watch out for spouses - only children rate as more deadly!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Hey Peter, Welcome to the Aerodrome. I don't know how I missed you joining the Drome.

I am in the Milwaukee area and we have get togethers a few times a year. If you and your group are interested in gaming with us just let me know. We get together on Saturdays at my place and start around 2pm and go til midnight. We usually play boardgames but if we get alot of interest in flying then I set that up to play.

I also have alot of extra WW1 planes if your interested in buying. I only charge what I paid for them and not what they are going for now. I like to get people interested in the game and it works very well by doing it this way.

Similar Missions

1. National: New in Wisconsin
    By Yenwing in forum US Wing
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 08-11-2015, 09:45
  2. Illinois: Illinois / Wisconsin Scramble
    By crashx in forum US Wing
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-10-2015, 15:04
  3. National: Wisconsin Pilots
    By lazydesmond in forum US Wing
    Replies: 22