Ares Games

Thread: Offical maps scale and maneuver deck terrain scale

Default Offical maps scale and maneuver deck terrain scale

Having never played on an official WOG map I have the following question. Are the scale of the maps the same as the scale of terrain found on the maneuver deck cards? Basically do road and structure widths /scale match up between maps and cards?
    Last edited by Togo; 01-09-2018 at 12:49. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Togo View Post
    Having never played on an official WOG map I have the following question. Are the scale of the maps the same as the scale of terrain found on the maneuver deck cards?
    If you're asking if the images are the same... I think they are. It's one of the reasons I've "misplaced" cards on the table.

Yes, the images on the manoeuvre cards, target cards, etc. exactly match sections of the official maps. So as fast.git said, it can be easy to miss a card when packing up!
    If you are really bored one afternoon and you've got nothing better to do, you can recreate sections of the maps from the cards. Images on various cards overlap with one another and so you can link them together.

One more than one occasion, but especially the one with Chris, we 'lost' a card during play. It was probably a couple minutes that seemed like half an hour. Chris had played a card on the exact position on the mat that matched the card, poof, gone! It was funny....after the game was over.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Chris had played a card on the exact position on the mat that matched the card, poof, gone! It was funny....after the game was over.
    It was a straight card... and I was on fire. So... of course I didn't notice its absence right away!

What everybody else said, except that it's worth pointing out that the actual images aren't to scale, including with each other. I'm looking at you, industrial area map, where not only are your railroad tracks grossly oversize, two tracks right next to each other have one of them twice the size of the other!

Similar Missions

1. 1/144 scale and maneuver deck
    By Akondo in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-08-2013, 07:28
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-09-2013, 10:06
  3. 1/200 scale WWII carrier deck?
    By Oberst Hajj in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-05-2012, 03:42
  4. Tips on Terrain Scale