I'm coming up on my four year anniversary of owning Wings of Glory. Started with a WWI duel pack back in the spring of 2014. It was the first tabletop miniatures game I'd gotten into as an adult and parent, and four years on, it's still easily my favorite!

My oldest son (who has just become a teenager last week!) has some physical ailments that preclude him from being able to participate fully in sports and the other types of physical play most young boys enjoy. So, as a concerned parent, I sought some other activities where he could experience some of the mental and emotional positives of sports and competition - commitment, accomplishment, etc. - without being held back by his physical challenges.

Miniatures gaming has filled part of that niche, and Wings of Glory was where we started. My son's background in WoG also made him very competent in both X-Wing and Star Wars Armada, to the point that he's even won small store tournaments in each - against experienced adult opponents!

In that same time, I have found my own miniature gaming interest mushroom to the point that it's become one of my primary hobbies. Thanks to a wonderful local gaming group, I've gotten exposure to a wide range of miniatures gaming systems, too numerous to list here. Some I've liked quite a bit, others not so much, but overall, my knowledge and expertise with miniature games has grown tremendously since four years ago.

After that exposure, I view Wings of Glory with an even deeper appreciation than before. It truly is a fantastic game and activity, easy to introduce to both new as well as experienced gamers, and something that still easily surpasses all our other game systems combined in "laughs per hour"... possibly my most important stat when it comes to gaming satisfaction.

I've even managed to wrangle nearly all of my local gaming group into at least giving a WoG game (or three) a try, and some of them are now getting small collections of their own started.

Maybe I'm just getting old and sentimental (bah, who am I kidding, there's no "maybe" about it), but I've realized that playing WoG, or just looking at the miniatures, or even merely thinking about the system causes me to be filled with light and joy. There's just something special about this game, and I don't even know if I need to try to express it in words, as I'm sure many here can relate.

Anyways, no big point to this post other than to express my recognition that Wings of Glory has become a truly special thing in my life. I've splashed out rather heavily in an extensive collection, but it's one I see having forever, and considering the joy it brings me, it's probably one of my best "self help" investments to date.

Just wanted to share.