Ares Games

Thread: Looney Tunes WW1

Default Looney Tunes WW1

I don't remember ever seeing this one when I was growing up.
    I wonder if it inspired Yankee Doodle Pigeon?
    Karl

It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

No, I haven't seen that one before either. Do you suppose political correctness is keeping it suppressed?

Sigh..they don't make em like that anymore...such a shame.

Thumbs up

I enjoyed that!
    Do not remember ever seeing it before.

I don’t recall that one either.
    We saw a lot of cartoons growing up that were later pulled because they were not PC.

Good one, Karl! I do not remember ever seeing that cartoon before.

Love the giant quad wing bomber! Gotta keep this one away from the elves . . .

Gotta love that wascally wabbit !

"He is wise who watches"

The last time I saw that cartoon was on a television mounted in a wood piece of furniture as big as a small sofa. Pre moon landing for sure. It actually feels more special now so thank you for sharing.

I remember that one from reruns in the 70s. Want to find truly suprressed Loony Tunes? Look for the WWII Japenese ones.

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

We have a very large collection of both Bugs Bunny and Looney Tunes and that one isn't in either collection, nor are the Japanese and German ones.

Nice find.

Can't say why this one didn't get the reruns in the 60s-70s. They have Yosemite Sam as a Hessian Grenadier, so.....
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Nice find Karl.
    I had not seen it either.

Wascally wabbit.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Brilliant - loved it - first time for me too. Thanks a bundle

That gave me a laugh! Thanks for sharing Karl.
    “Flying is hours and hours of boredom sprinkled with a few seconds of sheer terror!” Gregory “Pappy” Boyington, USMC”

As soon as it started, I realized that cartoon was not from 1931. A little Google research says it was released in 1964. I remembered the scene with the expanding Caproni, but not much else.
    So how many books are in your personal library?

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    Love the giant quad wing bomber! Gotta keep this one away from the elves . . .
    I like the white "Sopwith Camel" with carrot emblem. That should be easy enough to make.
    So how many books are in your personal library?

I watched it and had to scratch my head - Bugs looked Chuck Jones in style, but not in execution, and in fact wasn’t even directed by a name I recognized (I can normally pick out the director by the styles and animation idiosyncrasies). Music wasn’t by Carl Stalling. It tried to be Chuck Jones and failed. I presume this was post Chuck Jones firing and close to when Warner Brothers shut down their animation unit - while the subject is close to my heart, it wasn’t a particularly good Bugs cartoon. It just did not have that well-honed sense of timing and pacing that Jones had.

Similar Missions

1. Time to crank up some tunes...
    By The Cowman in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-21-2011, 04:09
  2. Some tunes to listen to while playing
    By CappyTom in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-16-2011, 21:18