Ares Games

Thread: Bovington and Attack Devizes 2018 Dates?

Default Bovington and Attack Devizes 2018 Dates?

Hello all (and Happy New Year),
    For planning purposes I have two quick questions regarding the Bovington and Attack Devizes wargames shows that I hope can be answered at this early date.
    1) the dates for these as far as I can discover from over here are: Bovington July 14-15, and Attack July 21-22....are these correct?
    2) will there be Sails of Glory and Wings of Glory events at both of these shows?
    Thanks,
    Bill

Bovington...sigh...I wish...just for the Tiger day if nothing else.

Hi Bill, i have answered your questions on the Anchorage, my alter ego on there is Capn Duff

Thanks Chris -- just saw it. I appreciate the quick reply.
    Bill

Hmm, they've all moved back a week - I will have to book in with my daughter !

Sapiens qui vigilat "He is wise who watches"

I'm local to Devizes so would be happy to join the team. I can probably do Bovington too.

I'll make both days at Attack 2018 but probably only the one at Bovington - probably the Saturday.

By coincidence (ahem) I’ve booked a holiday cottage in Bridport so should be able to do Bovvie on the Sunday.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Are we still attending Bovvie? We don't appear to be on their list of gamers.

Sorry chaps despite having a word at Bournemouth, yes Dave I did in the end, I have not heard anything back from the organiser despite a couple of msils. Unfortunately due to personal circumstances I cannot devote the time to chase at the moment, real life has taken over. If snyone else wants to try by all means do so, maybe even contact Entoyment.
    I hope to resume normal service as soon as I can.

Chris, can you PM me Richard's e-mail & I will follow up when I get back, this is quite typical experience of the gamer's there from what I understand. We can probably just turn up and get a table ! - I will have a word with Peter at Entoyment if all else fails.

Chris

Do you need someone to take on organising our attendance at Attack? As Wiltshire Flight Leader i should probably step up to the plate if required.

Regards
    Neil.

Hi Neil, already sirted with Devizes and later on Reading, if you to the Devizes show we will speak about future as I may not be available in the near future.
    I will be putting up the Devizes info this week

Currently plan is to be at both day for Devizes. School will have broken for the summer by then, so hopefully work won’t be quite so crazy.

Happy to help out in any way I can

- Neil.

I will be at Bovvi on Saturday, either as a visitor or assisting if we have a table.

Chasing Bovi up today - will speak with Peter re Entoyment back up if all else fails

Hope you get an answer Dave. I was chatting to a club member from Ilchester today, during a visit to SHQ miniatures. He reckoned they were only inviting gamers who camped there as part of the deal. Seem to remember it was the same last year but we got a table ok just the same. I'll still just rock up on the Saturday and bring my kit, complete with banner. If we don't get a table I shall just enjoy the event as a punter.

Never heard that before Mike - I know locals who never camp there & it doesn't affect their attendance. The organiser is renowned for not answering e-mails & most gamers don't get confirmation they just turn up on the day and find they have a table.
    I'll be going anyway but lets see if we get a response to my messages today, I'm waiting to hear from Entoyment too.

Let’s hope you are successful Dave. ‘Er indoors is so looking forward to spending a day of her hols at Bovvie

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Let’s hope you are successful Dave. ‘Er indoors is so looking forward to spending a day of her hols at Bovvie
    That's what Bournemouth is for - dropping the missus at ! That's where mine will be
    Waiting on responses now - I will let you know as soon as.

Default Bovington is a Go

I have elicited a positive result from Richard regarding Bovington:

Hi yes I can get you in it, will send a booking form later today please complete and return ASAP so I know the details. Richard
    So we are a GO

I will update more details as & when I get them.

Created a new thread here to separate it from this query thread:
    https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...mers-Show-2018
    Last edited by flash; 06-24-2018 at 09:13.

Similar Missions

1. DONCASTER 2018 DATES
    By Maverick in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-18-2017, 01:37
  2. Attack Devizes 16 & 17 July
    By Boney10 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-18-2017, 06:14
  3. Attack - Devizes
    By Dave Knight in forum UK Wing