Ares Games

Thread: Damage Deck size and Airplane Consoles.

Default Damage Deck size and Airplane Consoles.

Just got the first game of WoG under my belt. (See here for a write up) Two quick questions come to mind:

1) I'm guessing the back side of the console (Without the WoG logo) is for the Advanced rules (we are using the Duel Packs)?

2) If you are using more than two planes, do you add more damage decks or just use the normal sized one?

Thanks,

Joe

1. yes.
    2. yes, i cant recall where at the moment but it recommends adding another damage deck for every 4 planes in the scenario. i find a double A damage deck covers most scenarios though. it also means you dont have to reshuffle after the 1st boom card.

Thanks. I’m assuming you shuffle the decks together not just go from one to the other? Although I’m hoping that isn’t the case and I can be lazy and not have to seperate the decks later!

You can do as you like Joe, most shuffle them all together, some have a damage deck per side. A double damage deck should be enough for most occasions.

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    You can do as you like Joe, most shuffle them all together, some have a damage deck per side. A double damage deck should be enough for most occasions.
    Thanks, I like the damage deck per side idea.

At least you know each side will have the same chances of receiving damage if you go that way.
    As for consoles I use the old WoW ones when I do use them (I often don't these days) mainly as everything fits on the console & I can pick it up and move it if I need to. This is particularly helpful at demo games.

"He is wise who watches"

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

I use double decks all around, Joe - A, B, C, and D. I happen to have some of the Wings of War damage cards from older sets, so I combine the old WoW deck with the new WoG deck. It makes it easier to separate out if I need to. I usually keep them combined in one of the Aerodrome Accessories damage deck caddies, but separating them out every so often to make sure nothing is missing is made easier by the different look to the decks. When we have six to ten planes on the table, the double deck makes things pretty easy to handle - and when the boom card is drawn or someone is shot down, we reshuffle those damage cards back into the deck.

All the best,
    Matt

Similar Missions

1. WGF Wanted: your unwanted airplane consoles
    By brdavis in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-06-2017, 06:47
  2. Airplane card and manuever deck for Salmson 2A2
    By Captain Knowitall in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-23-2017, 10:24
  3. WGF Airplane Card and sealed Manoeuver Deck - Sopwith Snipe.
    By Tonx in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-05-2016, 20:10
  4. Airplane cards, font's type and size?
    By Gallo Rojo in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-02-2014, 16:04