Ares Games

Thread: Looking for a Few Out of Print Items

Default Looking for a Few Out of Print Items

I am trying to find some of the out of print stuff, so looking for availability and/or advice:

WoW A deck: I recently purchased the original Deluxe set at an amazing price. The models are in perfect shape but there are missing components (mostly do not care because they are counters) except there is one missing card from the A deck. I could pick up Flying Legends but since I only need the one deck I prefer just buying one if anyone has an extra to sell.
    GOT IT!

Gailer Wildcat (with deck, etc.): Full disclosure, I own a full set of Wildcats, this would give me a squadron of six because, with this, I would own x2 of each. If you are holding on to those cats to facilitate a newer player completing a single set collection then keep holding... Thank you Dave!

Messerschmitt Bf 109 (Balthasaror Molders, with deck, etc.): With the two in the BoB set this would complete a squadron of 6 early war 109s. I could just pick up more of the new ones but it would be preferable to have a complete set of series 1 planes since I do not own either of these airplanes. Swooped this one on ebay!

I would also love to have a Squadron of Flying Tigers but since I only have the one original at this point I will be content with waiting on Ares for more of those, possibly as part of a PTO expansion. Another thank you Dave for getting me two more and making this goal a possibility! Number four acquired.
    Last edited by Tokhuah; 09-18-2018 at 23:22. Reason: Updates to search

I may be your "Huckleberry". I will take a look at the storage room over the holiday, I acquired a case of all three planes for conversions years ago. Made many P-40's into P-35s : ( As for the 109's several were also bought used from the first wave of players leaving the game a few years back . . . some are still in their boxes. There are over 20 F-4's from my carrier builds . . . will look see, none have seen the light of day for several years . . .

Thank you for looking into your collection, and may you have a Happy New Year!

Quote Originally Posted by Tokhuah View Post

WoW A deck:
    I recently purchased the original Deluxe set at an amazing price. The models are in perfect shape but there are missing components (mostly do not care because they are counters) except there is one missing card from the A deck. I could pick up Flying Legends but since I only need the one deck I prefer just buying one if anyone has an extra to sell. GOT IT!
    Just a bit of advice, Scott: yellow is a really bad color for the backround. I'd try green or dark blue.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Sorry, I was trying to cross it out since I was able to acquire the deck. Does anyone know if this site has a strike through code? I could just delete the section I suppose...

Hmmm... Strikethrough text. I can't find it, and I can't 'cut & paste' it in from some other word processor, either.

Perhaps grey text?

PS: <s>Strikethrough html</s> not working either.

Strikethrough HTML has been dropped in HTML 5, and coders are using CSS to do text modifications and styling now. Looking for code alternatives as Forum users can't get to the CSS to use this in posts.

[del]Strikethrough html[/del] not working either.
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 12-31-2017 at 11:40.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

So far the F4F Wildcat i have several of the one you are looking for with bases and cards, no boxes - red cowl as I see. And 2 P-40's - Flying Tigers livery, still in the box brand new, and a bunch of Zeroes . . . Let me know by pm , Cheers! Dave

First off, I greyed out the offending text. I hope it looks better for everyone!

Dave, thank you for looking. I am out of town today and tomorrow so will check my Zeros upon return because there is one of the cream colored ones I could use an extra of but need to verify. I will PM you when I return on Monday evening. Happy flying into the new year!

UPDATE:

Found one of the 109's so only needing Wings of War Messerschmitt Bf 109 Molders to complete the set.
    Also still looking for up to 3 more Wings of War Flying Tigers Warhawks.

If you need an "A" deck, a brand new one, still sealed just came up on ebay for $8 shipped.

Thanks for the tip on the ebay auction but I supper dupper want the model... and not pay $60...

Similar Missions

1. WGF One off items to get your drink on.
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-22-2014, 16:20
  2. Has anyone come across these items, please?
    By Naharaht in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-25-2014, 14:43
  3. odd ww2 items
    By itchy in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-27-2013, 11:01
  4. WGF FOR TRADE ITEMS
    By calfaber in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-08-2012, 23:33
  5. Scienic Items